Newport Baseball team

jughead

Does anyone know what kind of team the Wildcats will have this year. I know they have a few good players back and i think Coach Brown will have a few others step up. Who will let the Cats this year, and i hope they can get to the regional this year, but i know their district will be a good one.

Wilfong, Atkins, the "best freshman as an eighth grader"... the 'Cats always have a good 'ball team and have a great nucleus to build with !! Go "Cats!

How many times has Newport made it to Region in the past 10 years?

Grady always gets the best out of those kids down there..just like his brother Ray used to. He is a players coach and Newport always seems to have very good youth. Is the Atkins kid Ricky's son? He was a heckuva player at NHS in the early 80's.

Grady always gets the best out of those kids down there..just like his brother Ray used to. He is a players coach and Newport always seems to have very good youth. Is the Atkins kid Ricky's son? He was a heckuva player at NHS in the early 80's.

John's son, Ricky's nephew.

Matt Atkins will be the guy who caries this team. With him on the hill they will be able to win some games they shouldn't and compete with anyone. They always seem to atleast be decent and compete every year. I expect the same this season and with Matt on the mound maybe surprising some people along the way.

I had heard, that the Wildcats had 57 youngmen that came out for the teams. If so, why should'nt they let all these boys participate. This is called a feeder system program, then you would'nt have 8th graders player JV.

That is great to hear that 57 kids came out for baseball at Newport. I am sure the Varsity coach would love to have them all play. Newport may not have the funding or the coaching available to support 3 boys and 3 girls teams. Baseball is not as heavily funded as basketball or football at a lot of schools and thats a shame.