Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Aaron Floyd transfer from Boone County to Covington Catholic?

Featured Replies

Heard news yesterday. No real confirmation so I did not post it. Now CCH players are tweeting it.

 

Word is Aaron Floyd from Boone is transferring to Park Hills. Again, no confirmation.

 

Not sure how he would be eligible.

  • Replies 189
  • Views 33.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no idea if there is any truth to this. I will say Aaron Floyd has not been at football practice and it is my understanding the practices are mandatory.

 

And to echo Clyde, I don't see any way he could be eligible to play sports at CCH if he did transfer.

I have no idea if there is any truth to this. I will say Aaron Floyd has not been at football practice and it is my understanding the practices are mandatory.

 

And to echo Clyde, I don't see any way he could be eligible to play sports at CCH if he did transfer.

 

With the KHSAA involved, who knows if he would be eligible.

His brother Chase is an assistant at Cov Cath. I know there is lee way when a parent takes another job and the son follows. Don't know if there is the case for siblings. Really interesting since their father is Asst. Principal at Boone.

With the KHSAA involved, who knows if he would be eligible.

 

Just speculation here but I believe Floyd has been in the Boone County system K through 11, his dad is an Assistant Principal at Boone County high school, the family lives in Union (moved from Florence a few years ago), and I believe his older brother Chase is still a defensive Coach at CovCath. No way on Earth could someone say this alleged transfer is not at least in part for athletics.

 

With all that said, I think anyone should be able to transfer anywhere and if the Floyds think a change is best for one of their children they should be able to do it but under the current rules there is no way. And saying all that I realize if may fly if the KHSAA says so but there ain't no way.

I found this on Twitter, I realize anyone can tweet anything but this is public:

 

sammurrertwitter.jpg

Floyd is a senior, correct?

 

He just finished the 11th grade at Boone two days ago so yes he will be a senior when school starts.

If the school does not contest the transfer the KHSAA may approve it.

His Hudl profile lists Cov Cath

 

Hudl

If the school does not contest the transfer the KHSAA may approve it.

 

I don't know how the KHSAA looks at it but obviously with George Floyd being a longtime administrator in the system the school is not going to contest it.

 

In general terms, contest something or not, if a transfer is for athletic purposes it shouldn't matter, correct? In other words, it should be no 100 out of 100 times when you the reason for a transfer is for athletics.

His Hudl profile lists Cov Cath

 

Hudl

 

Great work!

 

floyd.jpg

I don't know how the KHSAA looks at it but obviously with George Floyd being a longtime administrator in the system the school is not going to contest it.

 

In general terms, contest something or not, if a transfer is for athletic purposes it shouldn't matter, correct? In other words, it should be no 100 out of 100 times when you the reason for a transfer is for athletics.

 

The hard part is proving it is for athletics. Even if everyone knows it is for athletics if no one can prove it is for athletics then you can only go by facts and not hearsay or speculation. I think people are a lot smarter these days about transferring and the best way to stay eligible is to contact the KHSAA and see what you need to do. It's my understanding that they'll let you know how to maintain your eligibility if you ask them.

The hard part is proving it is for athletics. Even if everyone knows it is for athletics if no one can prove it is for athletics then you can only go by facts and not hearsay or speculation. I think people are a lot smarter these days about transferring and the best way to stay eligible is to contact the KHSAA and see what you need to do. It's my understanding that they'll let you know how to maintain your eligibility if you ask them.

 

I do understand all that but that brings us to the next point. The KHSAA needs to open it completely up then.

I would agree, but with the KHSAA, you never know.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.