Beechwood post Yeagle, how will they do?

FairFan

Its always tough to follow a legend, but Coach Rash has been with these kids for a couple years and i think he will do great. I jost hope people dont expect the world of him at first.

The expectations for Rash will be the same as for Yeagle in 1991, WIN THE STATE TITLE....Period.

For this year it depends on the QB play, in the future it depends on where the KHSAA lands on out of district kids.

That might be the exact problem, i dont know if they will be getting kids out of district like the Wera's of the world. Are they wanting to stop them from going to schools like Beechwood.

Wera's mom has been a teacher at Beechwood for about 25 years so I think that is a bad example.

NO i just meant kids that didnt go to Beechwood their whole life. How about like Eric Sawyer and Chris Curleys?

I think that Rash has bigger shoes to fill than Yeagle did. 8 state titles in 15 years. 7 straight state title apperances. That is some very big shoes to fill. I know Bernie was a good coach but I think Noel has bigger shoes to fill than Yeagle did. Now I'm waiting for all of the Bernie Barre fans to comment on this.

Bernie Barre built a strong foundation at Beechwood. Great coach and role model as well. I remember when he left thinking "Mike Yeagle? No way can he be as good as Bernie." I suppose I was wrong on that one.

Yep, Noel has big shoes to fill, but I am not worried. He is young and energetic. He knows the program, the school, the boys and he knows football. He will add his own dimension to an already great program.

I think that Rash has bigger shoes to fill than Yeagle did. 8 state titles in 15 years. 7 straight state title apperances. That is some very big shoes to fill. I know Bernie was a good coach but I think Noel has bigger shoes to fill than Yeagle did. Now I'm waiting for all of the Bernie Barre fans to comment on this.

Just remember this one thing.....

If you would ask Yeagle who had the biggest influence on him?????

Bernie Barre.

What kind of starters do they return. I know they will lose Sawyer, Moore, and Muth. I would say, it will be hard to replace Yeagle. Even with their tradition.

their biggest loss will be on defence. They have a good qb, and a rb that played alot last yr. However they wont be scoring like they used to.

Since most Beechwood fans have said in previous threads that Yeagle was the difference in games against New Cath, I would say it is going to be a tough follow-up for Rash.

I hope the NCC and everyone else believes that . . . . . . . . it will really make things pretty EASY!

I am sure that Rash will do just fine. . . . . . . . . . . . . and I have a feeling that NCC knows that as well.