Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals select Jeremy Hill 55th overall

Featured Replies

This pick puzzles me. I'm not sure they stuck with the "best available" theory they've been using the last few years. I think he'll be an upgrade over the law firm, but there were better options on the board. As for his past, well, that's in the past and hopefully he has or will mature

 

This pick screams best available. That said screw this guy. I will not cheer for him.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Puzzling to me they took a RB whoever it was. I thought Moses was the pick. Must have been best available on their board by a lot. Let's see how it plays out. I always give the benefit of the doubt.

Something people seem to forget is that Hyde has been in trouble also. Hill is a better RB IMO than Hyde.

 

Hill punched a guy, Hyde a girl.

 

Advantage: Hill

Hyde was not charged and proven innocent by video footage. The eye in the sky doesn't lie.

 

Yep. It doesn't lie. I don't know what he does around the 1:00 mark if he doesn't smack at her, or why her friends start to surround her with their hands over their mouths. Call it what it is, Hyde is not respectable at all, nor was he innocent (notice he starts trying to engage girls by slapping their butts and definitely takes a swing back at her), but that kind of stuff is just par for the course with Urban. Defend it all you want, but I'm sure you'll grow tired of it once this kind of stuff starts becoming more and more common. It's been that way everywhere Meyer has been.

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ6BL91gLZc

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywA-mBVGids

As a football player I love it. This guy can become a beast. If he truely can put the off the field crap behind him, he will have a great career.

Let's face it, the most important thing is whether or not he can play football. If so, people will overlook his past.

 

I don't know much about the kid, but he is saying a lot of the right things:

 

"A lot of people, especially the analysts, had me going in the fourth or fifth round with off-field character issues and things," Hill said. "I wanted to let them know I wasn't trying to hide anything. Anything that's out there, it's open game. I was a young man who made mistakes. I don't know any young man who hasn't made mistakes."

Hill punched a guy, Hyde a girl.

 

Advantage: Hill

 

 

Post 14.

 

Advantage: Hyde

What I like about Hill the most is he hits the hole quick instead of dancing behind the line. I think he was the best back in the draft myself. Nothing fancy, just big and strong and will get you that yard when you need it. The one major thing he needs to work on is I've noticed watching films on him he tends to stand straight up when going through the hole, he needs to get lower.

Hue Jackson said one of the reasons they choose Hill over Hyde is because he did it against stiffer competition....:idunno:

 

Not a fan of them going RB, however I do think they stuck to their recent philosophy of drafting the best available.

 

He's definitely a tool, but hopefully guys like PacMan or Vontaze can take him under their wings as they both have had less than stellar pasts too.

Yep. It doesn't lie. I don't know what he does around the 1:00 mark if he doesn't smack at her' date=' or why her friends start to surround her with their hands over their mouths. Call it what it is, Hyde is not respectable at all, nor was he innocent (notice he starts trying to engage girls by slapping their butts and definitely takes a swing back at her), but that kind of stuff is just par for the course with Urban. Defend it all you want, but I'm sure you'll grow tired of it once this kind of stuff starts becoming more and more common. It's been that way everywhere Meyer has been.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ6BL91gLZc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywA-mBVGids

 

I find you to be really intelligent that's with no sarcasm. I am sure if you were a prosecutor or a lawman your part of town would be well served. In Cbus the law saw it differently and the "victim" did as well. If you ever move to Ohio I could pull some strings for you.

 

On another note Hyde was a Tress recruit.

I find you to be really intelligent that's with no sarcasm. I am sure if you were a prosecutor or a lawman your part of town would be well served. In Cbus the law saw it differently and the "victim" did as well. If you ever move to Ohio I could pull some strings for you.

 

On another note Hyde was a Tress recruit.

 

 

Thanks.

 

I'm not an Urban Meyer fan and I think that Ohio State deserves better in terms of the kind of discipline he instills. His results on the field however, that's a different story.

Hyde was not charged and proven innocent by video footage. The eye in the sky doesn't lie.

He wasn't proven innocent by video tape. He was shown to be stupid by retaliating in video tape.

Post 14.

 

Advantage: Hyde

 

You should watch the video I linked in #34. It definitely looked to me like he swung an open hand at someone. He also had no problem trying to get girl's attention by grabbing their butts either.

We're beating a dead horse. It's a fact that Hill has more of a checkered past. It's also a fact that Carlos was never charged with anything.

 

Hopefully, I'm terms of an NFL career the Bengals have no regrets and they and up canceling each other out. I'll say this though, Carlos made OSU a lot better than they were last year and single handily won them a few games.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.