Beechwood 9 Danville 6 (All A Championship)

All A is not irrelevant

Why do I feel RCC9 will soon be in this thread, or possibly starting one in the Baseball Forum. :eek:

For those not up-to-speed....

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-softball-high/softball-all-276141.html

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-girls-basketball/all-revisit-274290.html

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-girls-basketball/all-question-270922.html

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to beechwood. Takes a great group of players and coaches to make this run. I do have one thought though. I don't get the point of the All A. What happens if Beechwood (who very easily could) wins the 9th region and goes to the state finals? Makes the the all A tourney irrelevant in my opinion.

Then consider it a dry run on how to win 3 games in 24 hours with everything on the line.

Nice job Beechwood! Enjoy the win! However I don't agree with your comment History about it being tougher than winning a football crown. The last time I checked, Beechwood has had a pretty tough time of it lately winning football championships!

More teams in this tournament Veritas...different people have the ball. Takes a total team effort, and you have to have some good fortune on your side. 100+ teams in this tournament. 32 in football. That alone makes it much more difficult.

Hats off to beechwood. Takes a great group of players and coaches to make this run. I do have one thought though. I don't get the point of the All A.

It's a small school thing - You Wouldn't Understand!

Remember when he asked the question, "When has a public school won the All "A" in anything"? Now we have one.

Congrats to the Tigers. :dancingpa

I hope you all get a banner, T-shirts, & rings saying "State Champions". :thumb:

Woa Nelly, that would be like the winner of the Doc Morris tourney getting National Championship rings, since there were teams from multiple states.

Again, congrats on a great tourney but there is only 1 state champ in baseball!

Congrats to the Tigers! Congrats to Stringer on tournament MVP! After 4 walks and a balked in tying run in the 6th I thought it was last years regional tourney all over again. Coming back in the 7th with 2K's and 1-2-3 was a huge step in his maturation. Beechwood as a team stayed focused by scored 3 runs without a hit to put it away in extras. Very exciting game. Hats off to Suchanek for battling back after twisting his ankle badly in the top of the 1st on a triple then still taking the mound, his ankle probably looks like a black and blue football this morning, great leadership!

Woa Nelly, that would be like the winner of the Doc Morris tourney getting National Championship rings, since there were teams from multiple states.

I would have to disagree with this. I've done my share of disagreeing with this over time but after reading up why the All-A tournament started and talking with students from some of those small schools, I am now a big supporter of the All-A Tournament in any sport. Regardless of what we parents/fans say, this is a state tournament and these players do deserve whatever accolades come to them.

Until our state creates divisions for all sports these young student/athletes will receive my praise for winning this, as they should yours.

Also, for something that has been going on since 1980 its kind of hard to tell each of these kids your win don't count because I don't agree with it.

Contgrats Beechwood on your win!!

http://allaclassic.org/History/The%20Beginning/M2.htm

I don't understand why some people have to diminish the great efforts of the young men who played the game and won. Childish! Let it be! Again, congrats to Coach Mullins and his team. Job well done!

The All "A" is a statewide tournament that follows the districts and regions therefore it is just that it is an All "A" state championship. Why do so many have a problem with this? It takes a boat load of wins and consistency to win it. It's not a weekend tournament by any stretch. Tell the kids that bust their butt daily that it is not a state championship.

Obviously some people have never coached a team in any tournament. I've been down 7 runs in the 7th in the semi's to come back and win the tournament and have lost to the worst team to stay out of championship play. I've had to suicide squeeze with a 9 run lead because I had a pitcher have an asthma attack an was carted away in an ambulance and was left with no pitching. Neither tournament had over 100 teams. You find out everyone has a tremendous desire to win and advance. Everyone brings their very best. Nothing is a cake walk. Genetic advantageous players don't only go to 6A schools. Plus Beechwood will have a chance to win the region and play against teams other local schools have been playing on the weekends. Exciting year for all to be sure!

I don't understand why some people have to diminish the great efforts of the young men who played the game and won. Childish! Let it be! Again, congrats to Coach Mullins and his team. Job well done!

I for one am not trying to diminish anything. I was rooting for Beechwood to win the tournament and congratulate them on a great and well-deserved accomplishment. I'm just saying it wasn't a state championship (under the current setup). It's not being childish. It's merely stating fact.