April 30, 201412 yr Let the controversy begin. Oklahoma botches execution, raising questions on death penalty in U.S.
April 30, 201412 yr Botched Lethal Injection A New Front In Battle Over U.S. Executions - CNN.com "(CNN) -- A botched execution in Oklahoma has become the latest in a string of incidents raising questions about the drugs being used and the constitutional protection against cruel and unusual punishment. Clayton Lockett lived for 43 minutes Tuesday after being administered the first drug in a cocktail that was meant to kill him, CNN affiliate KFOR reported. He convulsed and writhed on the gurney. Managing to raise his head, he got out the words "Man," "I'm not," and "something's wrong," reporter Courtney Francisco of KFOR said. Then the blinds were closed, and witnesses could not see what took place after that."
April 30, 201412 yr Good for the dirtbag, suffer like his victim. I bet his victim and her family wished it was a botched murder and robbery. A four-time felon, Lockett was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Neiman with a sawed-off shotgun and watching as two accomplices buried her alive in rural Kay County in 1999
April 30, 201412 yr The inmate actually managed to raise his head and PERSONALLY point out that something was wrong with the execution. After this execution, the problematic execution in Ohio back in January, and the years and years of calling into question the effectiveness of lethal injection as a "humane" execution method, I'm more confident than ever that it is not. I am personally anti-death penalty, but all the same, it would seem to me that all in all hanging is honestly the quickest, easiest, and possibly the most foolproof method to conduct an execution. Edited April 30, 201412 yr by Colonels_Wear_Blue Fixing Grammar
April 30, 201412 yr Author Good for the dirtbag, suffer like his victim. I bet his victim and her family wished it was a botched murder and robbery. A four-time felon, Lockett was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Neiman with a sawed-off shotgun and watching as two accomplices buried her alive in rural Kay County in 1999 couldn't agree more. I am pro capital punishment. You wont find any resistance from me.
April 30, 201412 yr Couldn't agree more. I am pro capital punishment. You won't find any resistance from me. Interesting stance in light of your thread about exonerated inmates. Have you ever looked at any of the statistics on death row exonerations?
April 30, 201412 yr I love this country sometimes. It's like ancient Rome in its excesses. Maybe next time we can all watch and give the thumb down signal when it's time to start the injections.
April 30, 201412 yr Personally I do not feel sorry for this guy, he got want he deserved. I do agree with CWB that hangings would be the best method.
April 30, 201412 yr What I don't understand is why is it so quick, easy and painless to put down a dog but not a human? Does the product that ends the dog's life not have the same affect on the human body?
April 30, 201412 yr I will be glad to do the thumbs down to any baby/toddler/young kid child molester and murderer. As a matter of fact i will do it all for free.
April 30, 201412 yr Clayton Lockett had recently been released from prison when he and his cousins went to a man's house that he said owed him money. There in front of his 9 month old son they tied the man up and beat him. Somewhere along the way two young ladies by pure chance came by the house. One girl who was later raped by the three went to the door and was drug in and hit in the face by a shotgun, then with a gun to her head was forced to call the second girl into the house where she was also hit in the face with a shotgun. The women were then duct taped and that's when the first one was raped. Lockett and his crew then drove the two girls the man and his nine month old son to another town where he said he was going to kill them all. The murder victim was evidently shot when she wouldn't give Lockett the keys to her truck and the alarm code to it, he shot her twice and buried her. So I'm not too upset if he had some discomfort...
April 30, 201412 yr What I don't understand is why is it so quick, easy and painless to put down a dog but not a human? Does the product that ends the dog's life not have the same affect on the human body? A 147grain lead injection just behind the ear would work quicker. Same injection may be made to the forehead or temple with similar fast results.
April 30, 201412 yr What I don't understand is why is it so quick, easy and painless to put down a dog but not a human? Does the product that ends the dog's life not have the same affect on the human body? In some states, pentobarbital is starting to be used. It's the most common drug for euthanising animals like dogs. It's not more common because the company that manufactures the drug, Lundbeck, has refused to sell the drug to prisons and correctional facilities in order that it not be used for capital punishment.
April 30, 201412 yr More and more I see capital punishment as a form of vengeance, not justice. The two threads on this subject support this.
April 30, 201412 yr In some states, pentobarbital is starting to be used. It's the most common drug for euthanising animals like dogs. It's not more common because the company that manufactures the drug, Lundbeck, has refused to sell the drug to prisons and correctional facilities in order that it not be used for capital punishment. Makes sense.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.