Highlands 70 Rose Hill 48

HOOPLA

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! Did the Lafayette game last night and the road trip to Lexington take it's toll on the Royals tonight? The closer we get to tournament week, the more interesting things start to look.

Nothing will surprise me during the first week of March. NOTHING

The last few games that Bill Walker played, I think he was close to averaging a double-double. With his loss, RH is basically the same team as last year with Mayo, Dawson, King and Magnusson starting. No doubt that they have improved with the addition of Frazier and Gillum but the weakness that they had last year is no different: No real center or big inside presence. Walker and Mayo played enough together that it added another dimension (they knew where each other were leading to some spectacular plays) and it freed up Dawson to do his thing in the passing lanes. Would RH have beat St Henry, Wayne Co or Highlands? Who knows but it wouldn't have hurt the Royals chances. Teams with a big inside presence have been the Royals achilles heel.

OB,

Not sure why they did not get out of the gate real well against those 3. It may have something to do with the speed of those 3 teams and it takes them awhile to adjust. It might have something to do with keeping the guns in the game and not getting into foul trouble as well and then in the second half turn it up.

I have noticed that they have a tendency to push the ball more in the second half. If they don't have an open look they then have the discipline to go to their set and work the ball for an open look

They made their free throws and passed the ball extremely well while pushing the ball and really controlling the tempo in the second half IMO.

Having not attended nor listened to this game, I have a few specific questions to ask

1.) What were the stats (points, rebs, minutes) for Michael Taylor and Matt Thomas?

2.) What were the stats (same as above) for Josh Magnussen and David Frasier?

3.) What was Mark King's FG%?

4.) What in the world was going on on the radio with VanHoose and Barber? I have heard some conflicting stories about their comments concerning the coaching tactics.

After I hear these questions answered, I have a few words to say.

It seems that the 3rd quarter is what is dong RH in, when they do lose. I would have to say that it comes down to coaching and it looks as if Jeff Hall has gotten out coached in these situations. The team they are playing are making the adjustments and RH is not.

How come they come out and Mayo or Dawson do not go through warm-ups to start the 2nd half.:confused:

My guess is that it was Guru. I know he takes a lot of pictures at some of the better events around the state.

I could rip Rose Hill, but since the Rose Hill people all think I have something against them I will attempt to only make one comment about the game, whcih to me sums up the Royal's entire season.

In the fourth quarter after the momentum had shifted, there were two possessions where OJ brought the ball up court and and elected both times to take his guy one on one. Both times he was called for a charge. Rather than discuss team ball, running our offense, creating looks out of the offense, etc. Jeff Hall said nothing to OJ, but argued with the officals that it was a block and not a charge.

Get the picture?