April 17, 201412 yr I think Young could put together a nice career in the NBA but it's going to take him some time to develop. He can create his own shot and flat out score in a league of scoring. He has a great chance to succeed.
April 17, 201412 yr He can create his own shot and flat out score in a league of scoring. He has a great chance to succeed. Wow, not remotely what I watched. Did you really think he created space to create his own shot?
April 17, 201412 yr If predictions of him being picked in the 15 range are accurate than it is hard to disagree with the decision to go now, however, that being said I think he will need to spend some time in the D-League before he will be ready to help an NBA team. There is just too many things that he doesn't do well that players should be able to do at the next level.
April 17, 201412 yr Wow' date=' not remotely what I watched. Did you really think he created space to create his own shot?[/quote'] He got much better at the end of the year at slashing and attacking the rim with pull ups and of course dunks. Doubters are gonna be surprised on him.
April 17, 201412 yr He got much better at the end of the year at slashing and attacking the rim with pull ups and of course dunks. Doubters are gonna be surprised on him. He slashes to his left, every time he went right, he got cut off and got in the air and turned it over. He made the majority of his shots on the kick or the skip. I can only recall a handful of shots that he created off the dribble and made that were uncontested because he made the space. Making space requires a better handle than he has and the guys at the next level won't need help to contest on the drive very often. Just my opinion, and I guess that would put me in the doubter category.
April 18, 201412 yr I only really watched the Cats a few times and then every game in the tourney. I felt he was the most ready for the NBA of any of the Cats. Just the eye test, though. Not sure any of them are ready, but again he seemed the most ready.
April 18, 201412 yr He was my least fav player on the team and the worst defender I've ever seen at UK. But fact is he can score 15-20 points in a 20 min span. He improved toward the end of the year, as did the entire team and in the NBA if you can score in bunches you can succeed. Let's not forget he's what 18..19?
April 18, 201412 yr He was my least fav player on the team and the worst defender I've ever seen at UK. But fact is he can score 15-20 points in a 20 min span. He improved toward the end of the year, as did the entire team and in the NBA if you can score in bunches you can succeed. Let's not forget he's what 18..19? Still only 18... won't turn 19 until August, he is pretty young.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.