Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard County Coaching Position Open

Featured Replies

I disagree.

 

He he was at Mercer County 4 years and went to two regional tournaments in that time. I think his first year was his most talented team and they went 22-9 and won district. I feel like his team in 2012-13 that went to region and upset Southwestern was a great coaching job on his part. The team this season may not have had the season they wanted but East and West Jessamine were both quality teams so that should be taken into account when assessing this season. I know for a fact that his family loves this area and he could have gone back to his hometown of Bowling Green and likely landed a head coaching job at one of the high schools in the area there but he has chosen to stay in this area so I think as long as things are going good he'd stay at Garrard for quite some time. He's young and gained a ton of experience at Mercer. I'd love to see him at Garrard County. With the young talent they have coming up he'd be a good fit IMO.

 

The bottom line is the kids in the Garrard basketball program needs stability and need to be taught how to play as a team but MO and I'm not dogging the man but I'm not impressed with his coaching. His 2012-13 team who beat Southwestern, which I feel overlooked Mercer in that game lost to a 7 win team in Garrard County plus this years district wasn't that tough due to West Jessamine who was the best team in that district under achieved and I just didnt feel East was that good this year.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is the kids in the Garrard basketball program needs stability and need to be taught how to play as a team but MO and I'm not dogging the man but I'm not impressed with his coaching. His 2012-13 team who beat Southwestern, which I feel overlooked Mercer in that game lost to a 7 win team in Garrard County plus this years district wasn't that tough due to West Jessamine who was the best team in that district under achieved and I just didnt feel East was that good this year.

 

East may not have seemed that good but they were better than initially given credit for and proved to be a better team than Mercer. I don't know who all the finalists for the Garrard job are but I do think Britt would do fine there and I think he would be there for a while. I do think it takes guts for any coach to jump into the same district as Boyle, Lincoln and Danville.

East may not have seemed that good but they were better than initially given credit for and proved to be a better team than Mercer. I don't know who all the finalists for the Garrard job are but I do think Britt would do fine there and I think he would be there for a while. I do think it takes guts for any coach to jump into the same district as Boyle, Lincoln and Danville.

 

I agree. Especially when that team is 0-12 the last two years against those teams in the district.

The last time the Garrard County job was open, an assistant from Lincoln County was considered.....Brad Petrey. I wonder if he is one of the candidates?

I look for Garrard County to announce a hire by the end of this week.

The last time the Garrard County job was open, an assistant from Lincoln County was considered.....Brad Petrey. I wonder if he is one of the candidates?

 

I don't believe Petrey applied this time around. Petrey is a really good coach and would be a good hire; perhaps he's just biding his time until the Lincoln position comes open (whenever that might be).

Brian Hall also coached at Breathitt County and won 50 games his first two years there, 2 55th District titles with a trip to regional finals losing by 2 to Perry Central and regional semi's.

Brian Hall also coached at Breathitt County and won 50 games his first two years there, 2 55th District titles with a trip to regional finals losing by 2 to Perry Central and regional semi's.

 

Did Coach Hall get the Garrard job?

They have had several good athletes but most end up leaving. The coaching changes probably have a part to do with it.

Did Coach Hall get the Garrard job?

 

No. Hasn't been announced yet.

They have had several good athletes but most end up leaving. The coaching changes probably have a part to do with it.

 

You think but that's not the only reason kids are leaving Garrard County!

They have had several good athletes but most end up leaving. The coaching changes probably have a part to do with it.

 

The last time the Garrard County job was open, an assistant from Lincoln County was considered.....Brad Petrey. I wonder if he is one of the candidates?

 

They may have made it seem like he was considered last time but in reality there was only one person considered because an alumnus recommended the guy they hired and if you know anything about Garrard County basketball that turned into a joke.

 

 

As I said a month ago.......they wouldn't be looking for a coach if the school had backed the coach they had before the last person they hired........and I'm not getting on my soap box about that fiasco!!!!!

I have heard you have to be in the click there just to be able to tolerate the athletics. Sounds like alot of small towns.

  • Author

They Boys and Girls teams have both found their coaches, and will be announced at The Grand Theatre on Monday at 4:00. I know who the boys coach will be but not sure about the girls. See everybody Monday!

I have heard you have to be in the click there just to be able to tolerate the athletics. Sounds like alot of small towns.

 

Tolerate is an understatment!!!!!!!:lol2:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.