Garrard County Coaching Position Open

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Garrard was smart they would have kept coach Bryant. Mistake not giving the job to him full time. And they wonder why they have a new coach just about every year

I disagree, they need to find someone with a deep pedigree of head coaching experience. Bryant doesn't have that.

Garrard needs to get the right guy on this one. They've lost some good players (to a local school) the last few years and you have to figure it's at least partially due to the volume of coaching changes. Lots of talent coming up there over the next 2-3 years. They should have been much more competitive than they were over the last couple of years - and will be over the next few if they make a good hire.

I'm now hearing some rumbling around that former Mercer Co head coach Brian Britt is a likely candidate. Anybody know anything about that?

He couldn't win with the talent he had at Mercer and they have more talent than Garrard, so what would make him a good hire. Also, I would think it would be a temporary stop for him until something better comes along.

He couldn't win with the talent he had at Mercer and they have more talent than Garrard, so what would make him a good hire. Also, I would think it would be a temporary stop for him until something better comes along.

I disagree.

He he was at Mercer County 4 years and went to two regional tournaments in that time. I think his first year was his most talented team and they went 22-9 and won district. I feel like his team in 2012-13 that went to region and upset Southwestern was a great coaching job on his part. The team this season may not have had the season they wanted but East and West Jessamine were both quality teams so that should be taken into account when assessing this season. I know for a fact that his family loves this area and he could have gone back to his hometown of Bowling Green and likely landed a head coaching job at one of the high schools in the area there but he has chosen to stay in this area so I think as long as things are going good he'd stay at Garrard for quite some time. He's young and gained a ton of experience at Mercer. I'd love to see him at Garrard County. With the young talent they have coming up he'd be a good fit IMO.