Let's Say the Twins are gone bye...

CamoHokie

Why doesn't it make sense? If they wait a year they can potentially improve draft stock...whick means $$$. If they go....they will lose those potential $$$ and spend time in the D league. That's because they are not NBA ready. I thought I was obvious enough. I'll use more words and pictures going forward to clarify for you.

The money lost on the first contract doesn't compare to the money that can be earned on subsequent contracts. Getting into the league earlier gets you to those bigger contracts quicker.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't it make sense? If they wait a year they can potentially improve draft stock...whick means $$$. If they go....they will lose those potential $$$ and spend time in the D league. That's because they are not NBA ready. I thought I was obvious enough. I'll use more words and pictures going forward to clarify for you.

Coming back doesn't automatically improve a players draft stock. You're assuming that they'll improve and you're also assuming that they'll automatically get sent to the d league. Right now they are late first round to mid 2nd round picks. 1st round picks are guaranteed contracts, if they want that money then it's guaranteed for them. They don't know, nor do we, what will happen next year. Look at Marcus Smart coming back, look at others that have come back and have seen it go in a negative swing towards their stock.

I don't wanna say it but you know how the saying goes when one assumes. :sssh:

As far as the subject goes I'd not fault the Twins for leaving because, ultimately, it's their decision. It shouldn't matter to anyone what they do although many fans will call them names and make nasty statements to them on Twitter about how they owe UK or they don't care about anyone, blah blah blah.

I'd imagine if they do declare it's because they just don't want to be in college and want to start their NBA careers, financially their parents have already said that shouldn't be a deciding factor because they are financially stable.

I hope they stay for their benefit, and for UK but if they don't I wish them the best of luck and will root for them in the NBA.

No fault to the twins. They really changed the direction of our tourney success. If I had the chance to make that 2nd round $$$#....I jump on it. I wish them well!

I think Andrew can significantly improve his Draft stock. Aaron is no way a 1st Round pick this year, but I could see him getting that next year.

From my vantage point, if the two want to do the same thing, the most sensible thing is to return. I think they both really want to go pro though.

Coming back doesn't automatically improve a players draft stock. You're assuming that they'll improve and you're also assuming that they'll automatically get sent to the d league. Right now they are late first round to mid 2nd round picks. 1st round picks are guaranteed contracts, if they want that money then it's guaranteed for them. They don't know, nor do we, what will happen next year. Look at Marcus Smart coming back, look at others that have come back and have seen it go in a negative swing towards their stock.

I don't wanna say it but you know how the saying goes when one assumes. :sssh:

Read it again. I used the word POTENTIALLY for a reason.

Read it again. I used the word POTENTIALLY for a reason.

Ok then, I stand corrected, you said potentially.

Fact of the matter is no one knows what's gonna happen and people are gonna go crazy either way. All we can do is sit back and watch it unfold and hope they do what's best for them, whatever that may be.

Does anyone think that if the Twins aren't in the first round they would be better served getting drafted in the second round and probably ending up in the DL? Or would it better for them (not UK) for them to return and potentially move up enough to get guaranteed lottery money next season?

Does anyone think that if the Twins aren't in the first round they would be better served getting drafted in the second round and probably ending up in the DL? Or would it better for them (not UK) for them to return and potentially move up enough to get guaranteed lottery money next season?

I'm not sure Aaron can ever be a lottery pick. Andrew possibly, but not Aaron IMO.

Pros and cons to both. Money now but may not get more later on.

At UK they'll get more national exposure and possible improvement to their draft stocks which will increase their guaranteed money when they get drafted the following year.

It's tough and I'm sure that's what they're weighing but if it's between those 2 decisions I would imagine they come back.

Lucky for you that the title of the post was edited (not by me) to save people the inconvenience of clicking a mouse button. If this is the stuff that annoys you...I'll assume everything else in your life is easy peasy. Congrats to you from the rest of us.

Relax and just don't let it happen again. :lol2:

Are the twins connected at the hip? It's obvious that one is playing at a higher level than the other, so why do both have to declare together? Are they a package deal? Draft one, get both? They both would benefit from another year in college. Not NBA ready but may be after a few years in the D-League.

As far as the subject goes I'd not fault the Twins for leaving because, ultimately, it's their decision. It shouldn't matter to anyone what they do although many fans will call them names and make nasty statements to them on Twitter about how they owe UK or they don't care about anyone, blah blah blah.

I'd imagine if they do declare it's because they just don't want to be in college and want to start their NBA careers, financially their parents have already said that shouldn't be a deciding factor because they are financially stable.

I hope they stay for their benefit, and for UK but if they don't I wish them the best of luck and will root for them in the NBA.

I would love to have them back, but if they go I hope they are successful and wish them the best. If they leave, I sure hope that the BBN will support them with class.