Does Matt Adams get a suspension or fine for shoving fan?

I can see a fine, but looking at things from this angle, he wasn't aggressive about it at all. Suspension would be over-the-top in my opinion.

Matt-Adams-Cardinals-fan-Reds-040314.gif

At the end of the day, I don't really care if he does or doesn't get a fine or suspension. But his excuse is so lame and weak. Just own it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, yes. He shoved him. The fan did nothing to deserve the shove. A shove is a threatening action.

Come on UKMF, you are blowing this way out of proportion. Take off the Cardinal hate glasses and look at this subjectively. That wasn't a shove. No he shouldn't have done it and should at minimum be fined. But to say the fan would have been in the right to punch Adams over it is laughable.

At the end of the day, I don't really care if he does or doesn't get a fine or suspension. But his excuse is so lame and weak. Just own it.

Agreed, like I said I'm disappointed he didn't own it. Just admit you lot your cool and move on.

Come on UKMF, you are blowing this way out of proportion. Take off the Cardinal hate glasses and look at this subjectively. That wasn't a shove. No he shouldn't have done it and should at minimum be fined. But to say the fan would have been in the right to punch Adams over it is laughable.

If he would've taken a swing no charges would've been filed against the fan. Does what Adams did deserve that reaction? No, but that doesn't change how it would be viewed in terms of the law, IMO.

And you would be wrong.

In your opinion....

I'm using precedent. If you remember last year when Pac-Man was arrested for shoving/hitting a women at a bar, the judge said she was the instigator and his actions, while not smart, were self-defense, because she initiated physical contact.

I just saw the fan interviewed on Channel 5. He seems pretty likeable.

Said Adams just tapped him and it was no big deal. He went on to say he wants to apologize to Adams and any fans he might have offended.

Hopefully Adams finds a way to get in touch with the guy and chat...maybe send him a signed bat or something (though as a Reds fan he might just sell it).

In your opinion....

I'm using precedent. If you remember last year when Pac-Man was arrested for shoving/hitting a women at a bar, the judge said she was the instigator and his actions, while not smart, were self-defense, because she initiated physical contact.

What exactly did that women do? What Adams did in no way would justify a punch.

If it wasn't a shove what shouldn't he have done?

I'll say this' date=' it was as little a shove as could be done and still be considered a shove. It was a shoves 4th cousin.[/quote']

It definitely wasn't the one handed shove Rolen used to man handle Carpenter 3 years ago. :)

Love the way the fan showed him the ball after he shoved him. And it was a shove, as light as it could be and still be called a shove, but it was a shove. A one game suspension and a $1,000 fine is about right. That fan should be comped some season tix for not throwing the ball at his face.

The play was over then he shoves the guy with his glove, you don't think it was a shove? The fan wasn't in his way and didn't even reach over him for the ball, just showed it too him and Adams pushes him away with his glove. Then fans flip him off. Adams has to know he can't touch a fan and especially can't initiate the contact after the baseball play was over.

I don't call it a "shove". A shove would not knock him down.

I said he deserved some kind of punishment.