Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2014 Draft: Who's Staying & Going?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 116
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Arizona's Nick Johnson to declare for the Draft tomorrow, per Adam Zagoria.

Would really be a surprise if he didn't leave--One of the very top picks; hard to turn down.

 

Same here. I figure if he was staying there wouldn't be a need for an announcement.

  • Author
He is not doing the mission. Confirmed.

 

Interesting. I thought they had to do the mission.

 

Draft Express has Parker going 3rd. I'd take him first.

Interesting. I thought they had to do the mission. Draft Express has Parker going 3rd. I'd take him first.
NBA guys that talk to a lot of GMs say they would take him #1. If I was placing a bet it would be on him.
  • Author
NBA guys that talk to a lot of GMs say they would take him #1. If I was placing a bet it would be on him.

 

I think it will be him or Wiggins.

Interesting. I thought they had to do the mission.

 

Draft Express has Parker going 3rd. I'd take him first.

 

Me too, or Julius......:lol2:

Interesting. I thought they had to do the mission.

 

Draft Express has Parker going 3rd. I'd take him first.

 

Going #1 overall will probably depend on what team gets the pick. If I'm looking at taking Parker, I worry that maybe he's a guy whose game is more suited to the collegiate than the professional level. If you are looking at him #1 overall, you also wonder if his lack of athleticism compared to guys like Wiggins or Embiid is going to be something that is a concern going forward. He didn't have the greatest showing in the tournament, leaving a bad taste in team's mouths.

 

Coming into the season, almost everyone, myself included, thought that Wiggins was more of the "can't miss, have to have him" player. With Parker, I don't see as much of a floor, but the height of his ceiling isn't really something that you'd compare to some of the others either.

 

I view Parker as a guy who will be someone that's extremely valuable to a team, will get his numbers night in and night out, but who also, at best, needs to be the #2 guy on a championship contender. His game just doesn't translate to the "we need a basket... give me the ball, get out of the way, and watch me score" alpha dog type that truly dominates the NBA playoffs.

 

I could be completely wrong on that, as I was wrong on Parker coming into college, but I just see him as a guy whose the Jack of All Trades, Master of None. You need guys like him to win, but I really wonder what he'll do in the league if he isn't paired with an elite scorer.

 

All that said, if I'm a team with a scorer to pair him with like: Minnesota (Kevin Love), Los Angeles (Kobe), Sacramento (Cousins), New Orleans (Davis)-- then I want him. If I'm a team without someone to pair him with like: Utah (leading scorer Hayward), Milwaukee (Knight), Philadelphia (Thaddeus Young & Carter-Williams), Boston (Rondo)-- then I hesitate and wonder if Wiggins or Embiid will be a better fit.

 

A team that I find intriguing is Orlando. They have Aaron Afflalo, Tobias Harris, Nikola Vucevic, Jameer Nelson, and Victor Oladipo (who I think was the best pick in last year's draft), who each average in the 10-12 ppg range. They'd also be getting into the range of having too many wings with Afflalo, Harris, Oldaipo, and Maurice Harkless, so you wonder how Parker might fit in and whether or not it'd mean they needed to eventually trade someone.

 

Definitely lots of dynamics in play when you look at team needs, salary cap concerns, etc. and try to project the #1 overall pick before the lottery order has even been determined.

 

In the future, I think we might end up remembering this year's draft a relatively good team making a move and getting a steal from letting someone like Marcus Smart, Gary Harris, or Noah Vonleh slide to them in the 7-10 range.

Going #1 overall will probably depend on what team gets the pick. If I'm looking at taking Parker, I worry that maybe he's a guy whose game is more suited to the collegiate than the professional level. If you are looking at him #1 overall, you also wonder if his lack of athleticism compared to guys like Wiggins or Embiid is going to be something that is a concern going forward. He didn't have the greatest showing in the tournament, leaving a bad taste in team's mouths.

 

Coming into the season, almost everyone, myself included, thought that Wiggins was more of the "can't miss, have to have him" player. With Parker, I don't see as much of a floor, but the height of his ceiling isn't really something that you'd compare to some of the others either.

 

I view Parker as a guy who will be someone that's extremely valuable to a team, will get his numbers night in and night out, but who also, at best, needs to be the #2 guy on a championship contender. His game just doesn't translate to the "we need a basket... give me the ball, get out of the way, and watch me score" alpha dog type that truly dominates the NBA playoffs.

 

I could be completely wrong on that, as I was wrong on Parker coming into college, but I just see him as a guy whose the Jack of All Trades, Master of None. You need guys like him to win, but I really wonder what he'll do in the league if he isn't paired with an elite scorer.

 

All that said, if I'm a team with a scorer to pair him with like: Minnesota (Kevin Love), Los Angeles (Kobe), Sacramento (Cousins), New Orleans (Davis)-- then I want him. If I'm a team without someone to pair him with like: Utah (leading scorer Hayward), Milwaukee (Knight), Philadelphia (Thaddeus Young & Carter-Williams), Boston (Rondo)-- then I hesitate and wonder if Wiggins or Embiid will be a better fit.

 

A team that I find intriguing is Orlando. They have Aaron Afflalo, Tobias Harris, Nikola Vucevic, Jameer Nelson, and Victor Oladipo (who I think was the best pick in last year's draft), who each average in the 10-12 ppg range. They'd also be getting into the range of having too many wings with Afflalo, Harris, Oldaipo, and Maurice Harkless, so you wonder how Parker might fit in and whether or not it'd mean they needed to eventually trade someone.

 

Definitely lots of dynamics in play when you look at team needs, salary cap concerns, etc. and try to project the #1 overall pick before the lottery order has even been determined.

 

In the future, I think we might end up remembering this year's draft a relatively good team making a move and getting a steal from letting someone like Marcus Smart, Gary Harris, or Noah Vonleh slide to them in the 7-10 range.

 

I don't expect Parker to be a #1, alpha dog player in the NBA but I don't expect anyone in this draft to be that type of player.

  • Author

Nik Stauskas of Michigan declares for the draft.

 

Going

 

Kyle Anderson - UCLA

Jabari Brown - Missouri

Jahii Carson - Arizona State

Semaj Christon - Xavier

Jordan Clarkson - Missouri

Joel Embiid - Kansas

Tyler Ennis - Syracuse

Dante Exum - International

Aaron Gordon - Arizona

Jerami Grant - Syracuse

Gary Harris - Michigan State

Rodney Hood - Duke

Alex Kirk - New Mexico

Zach LaVine - UCLA

James Michael McAdoo - North Carolina

Eric Moreland - Oregon State

Johnny O'Bryant - LSU

Glenn Robinson - Michigan

LaQuinton Ross - Ohio State

JaKarr Sampson - St. John's

Marcus Smart - Oklahoma State

Roscoe Smith - UNLV

Nik Stauskas - Michigan

Jarnell Stokes - Tennessee

Noah Vonleh - Indiana

T.J. Warren - North Carolina State

Andrew Wiggins - Kansas

Edited by Randy Parker

How many Senior players are projected lottery picks?

  • Author
How many Senior players are projected lottery picks?

 

Draft Express just has 1 senior in the lottery (Doug McDermott at #10) & just 4 other seniors in the entire first round (Adreian Payne at #21, Cleanthony Early at #27, Shabazz Napier at #29, & Deonte Burton at #30).

Draft Express just has 1 senior in the lottery (Doug McDermott at #10) & just 4 other seniors in the entire first round (Adreian Payne at #21, Cleanthony Early at #27, Shabazz Napier at #29, & Deonte Burton at #30).

 

Early and Napier are going to be good pros I bet. Also, I saw you said Stauskas is going, I would take him top 10 in a heartbeat.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.