Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I found Pat Forde

Featured Replies

Forgive my ignorance....I don't get the reference...

 

He's a TV personality on ESPN who has some relevance for taking shocking over top positions .

  • Replies 66
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ The guy with Stephen A. Smith? If so....I can't stand either....so I have no doubt he's a ****** waffle.

I actually don't think the article was unprofessional....I think it was spot on, at the time. Cal did terrific work turning the season around.

 

If he just criticized the teams performance I'd have no problem . But he took personal unneeded shots at Cal that continued his vendetta against Cal. This is the same man who bought a round of drinks for reporters when UK lost to WVU a few years ago in the elite eight . He deserves the ridicule because he doesn't hide his dislike for Calapari and he chose to make his crusade personal .

^ The guy with Stephen A. Smith? If so....I can't stand either....so I have no doubt he's a ****** waffle.

 

Yes

If he just criticized the teams performance I'd have no problem . But he took personal unneeded shots at Cal that continued his vendetta against Cal. This is the same man who bought a round of drinks for reporters when UK lost to WVU a few years ago in the elite eight . He deserves the ridicule because he doesn't hide his dislike for Calapari and he chose to make his crusade personal .
I guess I'm torn on this.....something about it, makes me like when a journalist actually does take a side. I have no doubt, that if he chose to hate U of L I would not feel the same way.....he is a good guy....great family guy, etc.....but I get it.
I guess I'm torn on this.....something about it, makes me like when a journalist actually does take a side. I have no doubt, that if he chose to hate U of L I would not feel the same way.....he is a good guy....great family guy, etc.....but I get it.

 

It's his right to take a side he chose to put all his chips in the center and he lost. Now he has to take the criticism for going to an extreme and being personal.

I'm even willing to concede Forde to you guys' date=' but that doesn't constitute proof that everybody's out to get UK.[/quote'] Who said everyone was out to get UK? Didn't everyone here just say Forde hates UK/Cal?
Funny....I have UK fans that are friends, and felt, at the time, that Forde was dead on.....now he's the worst person in America because, OH NO......he hates UK.....there are plenty that do.....He has owned it and moved on. Too bad some of you all can't.

 

Choosing not to read a particular journalist that we don't care for means that we can't move on? I just don't care to support him. I don't wish him any misfortune but I don't plan on supporting his success either.

Who said everyone was out to get UK? Didn't everyone here just say Forde hates UK/Cal?

 

Oh, for God's sake, don't play that oblivious game. Every time some national writer or talking head says something UK fans perceive as negative they bomb the offending person's e-mail box with hate mail. The culture of persecution fostered by UK fans is ridiculous.

Oh, for God's sake, don't play that oblivious game. Every time some national writer or talking head says something UK fans perceive as negative they bomb the offending person's e-mail box with hate mail. The culture of persecution fostered by UK fans is ridiculous.

 

 

I guarantee all writers get hate mail from fans of all teams when they say something bad. That's not breaking news...

 

Also, I think the holier than thou attitude of (some) non UK fans here regarding UK fans is a little ridiculous.

I guarantee all writers get hate mail from fans of all teams when they say something bad. That's not breaking news...

 

Also, I think the holier than thou attitude of (some) non UK fans here regarding UK fans is a little ridiculous.

 

How often do you hear about the TV pundits and national writers worried about saying something critical about anybody else? Those guys frequently throw caveats out there when they say something that might be perceived as negative towards UK. "I know you guys are going to fill my inbox, but hear me out" is something I've heard/read a lot over the last decade.

 

Kentucky fans have a reputation, and it is well-earned. You guys claim to have the biggest fan base. Well, you get the criticism that comes with it when your fans act like whack jobs, since there's more of them attached to UK than elsewhere.

 

Also, I read a few years back that Kentucky was one of the most wired states in the union as far as internet service goes. That means every crazy up in the deepest, darkest holler has internet. They use it, to an extreme.

I guess I'm torn on this.....something about it, makes me like when a journalist actually does take a side. I have no doubt, that if he chose to hate U of L I would not feel the same way.....he is a good guy....great family guy, etc.....but I get it.

 

I've got a very good friend & customer that is pretty wired-in to the UL program, and he swears that Forde is banned from the Yum Center (for his own safety) due to some unflattering things he's written about Pitino & the Cardinals over the years? And trust me this guy hates UK much more than Forde, but says he (Forde) is an equal opportunity hater of both programs.

I've got a very good friend & customer that is pretty wired-in to the UL program, and he swears that Forde is banned from the Yum Center (for his own safety) due to some unflattering things he's written about Pitino & the Cardinals over the years? And trust me this guy hates UK much more than Forde, but says he (Forde) is an equal opportunity hater of both programs.

 

Gosh. Could it be he's just being honest about everybody? Nah, doesn't fit within the popular "everybody's out to get UK" narrative.

How often do you hear about the TV pundits and national writers worried about saying something critical about anybody else? Those guys frequently throw caveats out there when they say something that might be perceived as negative towards UK. "I know you guys are going to fill my inbox, but hear me out" is something I've heard/read a lot over the last decade.

 

Kentucky fans have a reputation, and it is well-earned. You guys claim to have the biggest fan base. Well, you get the criticism that comes with it when your fans act like whack jobs, since there's more of them attached to UK than elsewhere.

 

Also, I read a few years back that Kentucky was one of the most wired states in the union as far as internet service goes. That means every crazy up in the deepest, darkest holler has internet. They use it, to an extreme.

 

I'd say I hear it as bout as often as I hear it for other teams. Rarely.

Forde is just a modern journalist...don't get mad anyone let me explain what I mean.

 

There are plenty of "Old School" journalist that don't try to be part of the story, they just report the story as it is and let the readers decided for themselves. But many like Forde think it is their job to tell their readers what to think and to interject themselves into the story.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.