Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I found Pat Forde

Featured Replies

As far as UK fans going off on reporters...I would guess they don't compare to about 20 college football fan bases.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only reason Pat Forde writes so much about Calipari and Kentucky in a negative manner is because he knows that he can get a lot of views/clicks on his articles and pages. He's a smart guy. Write negatively about Calipari and Kentucky, get paid because they will provide him with the most views.

Forde is just a modern journalist...don't get mad anyone let me explain what I mean.

 

There are plenty of "Old School" journalist that don't try to be part of the story, they just report the story as it is and let the readers decided for themselves. But many like Forde think it is their job to tell their readers what to think and to interject themselves into the story.

 

Pat Forde is a columnist, and columns require you to interject opinion/analysis. It's part of the territory. It's still journalism, but it's a different kind of journalism than just writing a straight game story. He's telling you what he thinks; it's up to you whether you adopt that line of thought.

I'd say I hear it as bout as often as I hear it for other teams. Rarely.

 

I've heard them now and again and it's always when talking about a top shelf program. Alabama, OSU, ND and Texas football come to mind. The better a program the higher the passions seem to run and the fans are not shy about making their feelings known.

I'd say I hear it as bout as often as I hear it for other teams. Rarely.

 

Yep. You name me a recruit, and I can almost guarantee I can show you fans from schools they spurned making fools of themselves to the kid on Twitter, Instagram, Fb, etc.

 

You give me a negative column about a team and I can guarantee I'll show you "hate" that fans of said team gave the columnist.

 

It's every single fanbase that does it. Since Kentucky is larger than those fanbases, there's more of the crazies, and it definitely gets talked about more, because these guys know it gives them clicks and attention.

Yep. You name me a recruit, and I can almost guarantee I can show you fans from schools they spurned making fools of themselves to the kid on Twitter, Instagram, Fb, etc.

 

You give me a negative column about a team and I can guarantee I'll show you "hate" that fans of said team gave the columnist.

 

It's every single fanbase that does it. Since Kentucky is larger than those fanbases, there's more of the crazies, and it definitely gets talked about more, because these guys know it gives them clicks and attention.

 

Agreed, when I lived in central Ohio and in Indiana the fans were just as passionate and unrealistic as some of our fans are.

Yep. You name me a recruit' date=' and I can almost guarantee I can show you fans from schools they spurned making fools of themselves to the kid on Twitter, Instagram, Fb, etc. You give me a negative column about a team and I can guarantee I'll show you "hate" that fans of said team gave the columnist. It's every single fanbase that does it. Since Kentucky is larger than those fanbases, there's more of the crazies, and it definitely gets talked about more, because these guys know it gives them clicks and attention.[/quote']

 

So what you are saying is UK fans are no different than fans of any other team...

 

Agreed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.