Christian Laettner Sends Greetings to the BBN

Wireman

I was 6. I hated Laettner for a long time after that. I remember wishing he got hurt every time I saw him play for years after it. I thought he was evil. I thought the officials had it out for Kentucky because he didn't get ejected for trampling Timberlake.

So, in the tattoo thread you said you were 27. Did you just have a bday?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 or 25... It happened 22 years ago. If a sports event still bothers you that much, you have an obvious issue holding grudges.

People have deep rooted love for certain teams. That 1992 team is easily one of the most beloved teams that UK has ever had. Probably the most beloved team. One of the few times UK was David and not the Goliath. The emotional high that UK fans experienced that day when Sean Woods hit that stupid one handed bank shot has never been matched. To have that emotional high crushed by a guy who they falsely believed should had been thrown out of the game along with him shooting 10-10 from the floor and 10-10 from the free throw line is an earth shattering low. For me to experience that as a Duke fan is the ultimate. I can post a video and ruin people's day. It's hilarious. But it's understandable knowing just how much they loved that team, how high they were and how low they went. Those are things you never forget when you have a vested interest in vs particular team. They don't call them The Unforgettables for nothing.

It was the greatest college basketball game ever. The victor gets the spoils and the loser gets the grudges. I wouldn't have it any other way. :lol2:

Leattner changed my opinion of him when he played along with the UK vs. Vilians games a couple of years ago. Plus, I never really hated him for making a shot, what else was he going to do? Miss the shot on purpose.

However, he is pretty irrelevant at this point in time. Just like Jack Givens, Richie Farmer, or Thomas Hill. The world moves on.