Christian Laettner Sends Greetings to the BBN

Wireman

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So did my grown up friends. And you were how old?

I was 6. I hated Laettner for a long time after that. I remember wishing he got hurt every time I saw him play for years after it. I thought he was evil. I thought the officials had it out for Kentucky because he didn't get ejected for trampling Timberlake.

Actually, the shot isn't what got to me, it was his stomping on Timberlake and the ref's not having the guts to do anything about it which annoys me.

Be mindful of Rule 8.

The refs called a technical and Richie went to the line and made 1-2 FTs. Blame Richie and not the refs. You lost by a point. :no:

You were all of 5 when it happened. You must have been terribly invested. Please forgive me.

5 or 25... It happened 22 years ago. If a sports event still bothers you that much, you have an obvious issue holding grudges.

I was 6. I hated Laettner for a long time after that. I remember wishing he got hurt every time I saw him play for years after it. I thought he was evil. I thought the officials had it out for Kentucky because he didn't get ejected for trampling Timberlake.

He didn't trample Timberlake. Barely even a stomp and the way the game was called in that time period the technical was consistent with how the refs called the games back then.