Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton 55 Syracuse 53

Featured Replies

Marquette...

 

That's my guess too, but if I'm Archie, given the talk about how bad Buzz wanted out, I'm looking elsewhere. There will be plenty of interest.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's my guess too, but if I'm Archie, given the talk about how bad Buzz wanted out, I'm looking elsewhere. There will be plenty of interest.

 

There are very, very few schools committed to success in basketball ahead of Marquette. I highly doubt there will be a better job on the market this year...

That's my guess too, but if I'm Archie, given the talk about how bad Buzz wanted out, I'm looking elsewhere. There will be plenty of interest.

 

I got the impression Buzz wanted out because of the AD, not the job. And Buzz's name has been bandied about for other jobs for years before this year, so it isn't as if he just all a sudden got the urge to jump.

 

There are very, very few schools committed to success in basketball ahead of Marquette. I highly doubt there will be a better job on the market this year...

 

Agreed. And it isn't like the new Big East is a powerhouse. Georgetown and Villanova should always been pretty good. St. John's might be decent at some point if they ever hire the right coach. But Marquette should annually be among the top two or three jobs in that conference.

Typing very slowly right now. Never realized how small these iphone keyboards are until this minute.

 

Fantastic night. Had about 20 Dayton alumni gathered where I was. Pretty quiet during the first half: a reflection of the grinding pace Syracuse put on that game. But the Flyers played patient and waited for their moments; never really got flustered by the zone. Great coaching job by Archie; this was the exact opposite of how UD would like the game to be. Archie had them ready.

 

Can't believe that happened. What a weekend for the Flyers.

 

I'm starting to see pictures of the university president crowd surfing in the ghetto. I'll post them when I get a chance.

 

Flyers Forever. What a night...

 

The ghetto has to be crazy tonight.

Oh Clyde, I'm getting them from all sides. We never had a big basketball win while I was there but even regular season games against Xavier were a reason to celebrate. That school loves its hoops and has been waiting since 1984 to return to the second weekend of the tournament. It doesn't take a lot to get UD students into the streets, but this is something special.

 

image.jpg

 

image.jpg

Typing very slowly right now. Never realized how small these iphone keyboards are until this minute.

 

Fantastic night. Had about 20 Dayton alumni gathered where I was. Pretty quiet during the first half: a reflection of the grinding pace Syracuse put on that game. But the Flyers played patient and waited for their moments; never really got flustered by the zone. Great coaching job by Archie; this was the exact opposite of how UD would like the game to be. Archie had them ready.

 

Can't believe that happened. What a weekend for the Flyers.

 

I'm starting to see pictures of the university president crowd surfing in the ghetto. I'll post them when I get a chance.

 

Flyers Forever. What a night...

 

UD president being carried down the street.

 

 

The University of Dayton president went crowdsurfing to celebrate the Flyers? win | For The Win

This is the president of the university, Dr. Daniel Curran, being carried down Kiefaber Street by the students.

 

image.jpg

Oh Clyde, I'm getting them from all sides. We never had a big basketball win while I was there but even regular season games against Xavier were a reason to celebrate. That school loves its hoops and has been waiting since 1984 to return to the second weekend of the tournament. It doesn't take a lot to get UD students into the streets, but this is something special.

 

 

 

My wife graduated from UD in '84 when they made the Elite 8. Couch burning was the thing back then.

The university managed to make it through St. Patrick's Day without incident this year, and then this happens. The Dean of Students likely has an interesting Monday ahead of her. Here's hoping things didn't get TOO bad up there tonight. There are some pictures of police in riot gear going around but several of them are actually posing with students so who knows what the devil is going on.

 

Go Flyers.

Very happy for the University of Dayton and its fans.

Riot police had too be called to the scene. Multiple fires. Not sure how bad it got.

 

image-1727511951.jpg

There are very, very few schools committed to success in basketball ahead of Marquette. I highly doubt there will be a better job on the market this year...

 

But it's Milwaukee. It's a cold, dirty town. I've lived there. Did I mention it's cold? It's Polar Vortex every winter.

This is the president of the university, Dr. Daniel Curran, being carried down Kiefaber Street by the students.

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43549[/ATTACH]

Congrats to you and all of the Flyer fans!
There are some pictures of police in riot gear going around but several of them are actually posing with students so who knows what the devil is going on.

 

This made me laugh!! :lol2: :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.