Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marquette's Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech

Featured Replies

I disagree. I think a team like Marquette is about where he goes next. I do not think a marquee program gives him a shot, like if Cal goes to the NBA or if Izzo or Coach K or Roy Williams retired. Plus, I REALLY think Marquette is a good gig. You can recruit New York and New Jersey as a Big East team, they have talent returning and you are the top campus draw sports wise. JMO. We'll see what Marshall's future holds- I would at least make him tell me know if I am Marquette.

 

We'll see. I will be shocked if he goes to MU.

 

Great salary already that will probably go up. Teams fly on private planes. Great, great fan support.

 

I'm not leaving that for MU.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We'll see. I will be shocked if he goes to MU.

 

Great salary already that will probably go up. Teams fly on private planes. Great, great fan support.

 

I'm not leaving that for MU.

 

Maybe he is like Mark Few or, to a lesser extent, Brad Stevens and he stays at Wichita for a while. I could see that. He definitely has something going in Shocker country. I would love to see him at a higher profile school.

Sounds like Marquette and Howland are getting very close to a deal...

Why we're the AD and Buzz on such bad terms? Just curious if anyone knows. How land wouldn't be a bad hire for Marquette if they are close to agreeing on a deal as GT says.

Saw on Twitter that there's some legs to a Shaka Smart to Marquette deal being reached soon.

Why we're the AD and Buzz on such bad terms? Just curious if anyone knows. How land wouldn't be a bad hire for Marquette if they are close to agreeing on a deal as GT says.

 

Word is Buzz ran off the last AD. Interim AD in place now as well as an interim President. I guess he wasn't sure of the direction since those that can impact his life were not in place.

Yahoo Sports and Pat Forde are reporting that Buzz Williams will be the new head coach at VTU. Two questions: (1) Was he forced out at Marquette? (2) For Buzz, is this a promotion, demotion or a lateral move?

 

IMO, down. But he does go to a better basketball conference.

Word is Buzz ran off the last AD. Interim AD in place now as well as an interim President. I guess he wasn't sure of the direction since those that can impact his life were not in place.

 

Dr. Lovell is Marquette's new president.

Edited by hoops5

Shaka said no.

Howland and Cuonzo are now said to be the leaders for the MU gig.

Now Wojo is reported to be a candidate ?

Now Wojo is reported to be a candidate ?

Wojo needs an audition before leading Duke if that is in-fact who they are grooming. I'm not big on elevating an assistant at a big program.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.