Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marquette's Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech

Featured Replies

Yahoo Sports and Pat Forde are reporting that Buzz Williams will be the new head coach at VTU. Two questions: (1) Was he forced out at Marquette? (2) For Buzz, is this a promotion, demotion or a lateral move?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Will somebody add an extra "t" to Marquette? Thank you.

I will try to find out what I can. I'm a Marquette grad, along with my 5 sibs.

Maybe Marquette is about to bring Crean back!

Maybe Marquette is about to bring Crean back!

 

I heard there was an opening at VTU---and lots of $$ offered to Buzz.

Buzz and the new AD at Marquette were not on the same page and Buzz wanted out bad...

Tech has struggled, but I don't doubt they could offer him significantly more. Big loss for Marquette IMO in the long run. Things will eventually get better for the Hokies under him.

Tech has struggled, but I don't doubt they could offer him significantly more. Big loss for Marquette IMO in the long run. Things will eventually get better for the Hokies under him.

 

No doubt. Still waiting to get some scoop from my die hard Golden Eagle nephew who lives in Milw.

The facilities at Tech seemed a little outdated to me

Tech has struggled, but I don't doubt they could offer him significantly more. Big loss for Marquette IMO in the long run. Things will eventually get better for the Hokies under him.

 

He's taking less from VTech than he was making at Marquette...

He's taking less from VTech than he was making at Marquette...

 

So why is leaving MU?

So why is leaving MU?

 

Did not get along with the AD at all. Was looking to get out ASAP...

Either way, I believe this is a solid gain for Virginia Tech.

Either way, I believe this is a solid gain for Virginia Tech.

 

Without question...

Things must have been REALLY BAD between Buzz and the AD at Marquette; not common to hear coaches leaving programs for less money.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.