Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 71 Manhattan 64

Featured Replies

I didn't see the whole game & while I am surprised the outcome was in question for so long, I think it has more to do with Masiello than anything. He's as familiar with Pitino's style as anybody & I would think that UL probably didn't bring their A game.

 

Surely you aren't suggesting UL took it easy because of Masiello?

  • Replies 52
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not so sure about that. Jordair Jett is ridiculously good.

 

Every one of Louisville's guards are twice as quick as him. His size helps him a lot, I just don't see him being overly successful against Louisville's much quicker guards.

Surely you aren't suggesting UL took it easy because of Masiello?

 

More so that they over looked Manhattan, IMO.

Surely you aren't suggesting UL took it easy because of Masiello?

 

I don't think that's the case. I do think that something threw them off and they really didn't play very well. That was December Chris Jones that showed up last night, dribbling into a power forward's chest under the rim on at least three occasions. Just bad stuff all around.

Quite a few highly seeded teams had trouble yesterday.

I thought the Jaspers took UL out of their game more than any team in quite a while. UL did not handle the extreme pressure up top on their guards well and played out of kilter for about 38 minutes. In his on-court interview after the game, Pitino was very confident that UL would play a lot better in the future....no ifs, ands or buts.

Manhattan knew every single thing UL would do last night. No other team in the tournament will have that luxury, IMO.

Every one of Louisville's guards are twice as quick as him. His size helps him a lot, I just don't see him being overly successful against Louisville's much quicker guards.

 

He did a pretty darn good job against Warren last night once he took it upon himself to check him. I could see St. Louis putting him on Hancock, and letting McCall check Russ.

Surely you aren't suggesting UL took it easy because of Masiello?

 

Heck no. But I think they were looking past Manhattan.

Every one of Louisville's guards are twice as quick as him. His size helps him a lot, I just don't see him being overly successful against Louisville's much quicker guards.
Speaking of guards, it seems Pitino has not been going to Rozier as much lately. Why is that, I wonder? I don't see any fatal deficiencies in his game. Perhaps, youth, but he has never look rattled to me.
Manhattan knew every single thing UL would do last night. No other team in the tournament will have that luxury, IMO.

 

Masiello was calling out UofL's plays on the sideline last night. It was crazy.

He did a pretty darn good job against Warren last night once he took it upon himself to check him. I could see St. Louis putting him on Hancock, and letting McCall check Russ.

 

I admittedly haven't seen much of SLU this year... But for the stretch I watched last night (during their come back), I didn't see anything that really worried me. Their guards are slower, and their inside game isn't one that would dominate UL, even as shaky as that has been for the Cards at times.

Speaking of guards, it seems Pitino has not been going to Rozier as much lately. Why is that, I wonder? I don't see any fatal deficiencies in his game. Perhaps, youth, but he has never look rattled to me.

 

I think he likes to have Jones and Smith pressuring ball-handlers. Jones is pretty tenacious as a defender. Smith, I think, has the better instincts as a defender, but Jones is all over a dribbler.

Speaking of guards, it seems Pitino has not been going to Rozier as much lately. Why is that, I wonder? I don't see any fatal deficiencies in his game. Perhaps, youth, but he has never look rattled to me.

 

I agree about him being poised, he rarely seems rattled. I stopped trying to figure out Rick's substitution patterns a long time ago. He'll pull someone that has been playing well, and leave in Wayne Blackshear for years at a time, while he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

 

Terry is a nice boost off the bench, but as long as Russ and Chris are playing well, I'm okay with Rozier being used sparingly.

Blackshear played some solid minutes last night. Big bucket to tie the game with about 2:00 left. Seemed the only person to marginally match up against their big Point Forward on D. Didn't see any of Mathiang in the 2nd half and not much SVT in the last 10 minutes.

Disagree about Trez....he shot a few times from the key, last night.....missed them, but took the shots.

 

My point was he never looked to drive the ball. He had a size advantage and could have used it more. He was money defensively though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.