March 21, 201412 yr My point was he never looked to drive the ball. He had a size advantage and could have used it more. He was money defensively though. Trez has never been one to take somebody off the dribble though. If he has them posted, he'll make a move to the basket. Or if they leave him open mid-range, his jumper has developed to where he can knock it down. He's a ridiculous athlete, but he doesn't have the handles to take people off the dribble.
March 21, 201412 yr My point was he never looked to drive the ball. He had a size advantage and could have used it more. He was money defensively though. Outside of when he was getting a put back dunk, he seemed very timid offensively when he had the ball. I remember one time late in the second half he caught the ball at the free throw line and his man was under the basket. He quickly passed it out before even looking to drive at him. Did that quite a few times.
March 21, 201412 yr Outside of when he was getting a put back dunk, he seemed very timid offensively when he had the ball. I remember one time late in the second half he caught the ball at the free throw line and his man was under the basket. He quickly passed it out before even looking to drive at him. Did that quite a few times. That's a "tweener" area for him. Can't decide whether to take the jumper or go to the rim.
March 21, 201412 yr That's a "tweener" area for him. Can't decide whether to take the jumper or go to the rim. With that athleticism he needs to just go to the rim when a lane is open like that.
March 21, 201412 yr With that athleticism he needs to just go to the rim when a lane is open like that. I don't disagree, he's just not used to it I guess.
March 21, 201412 yr I don't disagree, he's just not used to it I guess. Now I understand why you guys wouldn't want to play UK. The physical play would be a problem. But if anyone but UK goes through UL will be fine, this whole bracket is very perimeter oriented besides UK.
March 21, 201412 yr Now I understand why you guys wouldn't want to play UK. The physical play would be a problem. But if anyone but UK goes through UL will be fine, this whole bracket is very perimeter oriented besides UK. Yep. Matchups. And UK is not, and has not been, a good matchup for Louisville in the last several years.
March 21, 201412 yr Now I understand why you guys wouldn't want to play UK. The physical play would be a problem. But if anyone but UK goes through UL will be fine, this whole bracket is very perimeter oriented besides UK. I'm not worried about the physicality with playing UK. Louisville/UC games are absolute wars every time. UK worries me because they are exceptional at rebounding, especially on the offensive end. Louisville can't get slaughtered on the backboards and win, IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.