Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 71 Manhattan 64

Featured Replies

Impressed by Hancock and Smith coming through in the clutch. If I was a UL fan id be so irritated at Harrell. As soon as he gets the ball he wants to pass unless he's under the basket. There were times if he literally took a step towards the basket he'd have a layup. But instead he opted to not make a play.

Disagree about Trez....he shot a few times from the key, last night.....missed them, but took the shots.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I saw on Twitter this morning where Manhattan fouled more than anyone in the country. Like that is part of their game plan. As for the new rule, it has been extremely inconsistent throughout the year.

 

Yeah I did see that last night they led the country in free throws allowed and were like 9th in free throws attempted. Just seems that the refs allow teams that are known as physical teams to play a lot more physical than most. Very frustrating to watch, but yeah it was clear that was the game plan. Which credit to Russ he absolutely abused them all second half long getting inside the paint and wreaking havoc.

Manhattan played them really tough. I was shocked by how composed Manhatttan seemed throughout the game, only to unravel the way they did in the final couple minutes. A weak cross-court pass against a press with a little over two minutes left started the melt down and they couldn't recover. Hats off to Louisville on advancing.

 

Side note, both these teams were grabbing and fouling a lot, especially Manhattan. I thought the refs weren't going to allow this anymore, or does it just depend on the two teams involved and they just go with the flow? Sure makes for a lot of inconsistent referreing across the board.

45 fouls......seems pretty consistent to me.

45 fouls......seems pretty consistent to me.

 

I'm talking about how they ref teams like Manhattan/Louisville as compared to other teams.

Manhattan kept running that trap and/or double teaming way up top and it really seemed to frustrate UL's guards to me. I think both Russ and Chris kept trying to dribble through it to much or still trying to run the high screen and it just wasn't there a lot of the night. I kept seeing open guys in the corners/wings a lot, but hardly ever did they look to pass it and make the d spread to cover it. And guess what happened when they finally did? Luke hit 2 wide open 3's. Just a lot of sloppy play and UL just looked frazzled. I think they will pick it up and look better next game. They better. I don't think they can perform like that again and escape with a win.

Although they played a great game yesterday, I don't think SLU's guards will handle Louisville's very well.

Although they played a great game yesterday, I don't think SLU's guards will handle Louisville's very well.

 

I don't either. I've seen SLU a lot recently and NC State let them off the hook and gave that one away. SLU lost four of five heading into the tournament. That's the Billiken team I expect to see tomorrow.

UL will crush St. Louis.

 

And I'm not saying that for reverse psychology purposes. Cards had their wake up call & will roll to the Sweet 16.

UL will crush St. Louis.

 

And I'm not saying that for reverse psychology purposes. Cards had their wake up call & will roll to the Sweet 16.

 

Mhmm... Getslow is not gonna like this coming from you. :lol2:

UL will crush St. Louis.

 

And I'm not saying that for reverse psychology purposes. Cards had their wake up call & will roll to the Sweet 16.

 

Kid... you're just the worst.

Mhmm... Getslow is not gonna like this coming from you. :lol2:

 

Kid... you're just the worst.

 

:lol2:

 

I really mean it. UL will win by 15 or more.

 

I'll let you know when I'm trolling.

I'll let you know when I'm trolling.

 

:lol2:

Although they played a great game yesterday, I don't think SLU's guards will handle Louisville's very well.

 

I'm not so sure about that. Jordair Jett is ridiculously good.

 

Loe could present a bit of a matchup problem for Louisville as well.

 

All that said, I expect a 15-20 point win, however I won't be surprised if St. Louis surprises everyone and is right there at the end.

Honestly... how did Manhattan lose five league games this year? I guess I'm as big a believer in matchups in college basketball as anyone and Manhattan was just a bad matchup for Louisville, but if they ran that press, that defense, and that offense in the MAAC, how did they lose to Quinnipiac?

Honestly... how did Manhattan lose five league games this year? I guess I'm as big a believer in matchups in college basketball as anyone and Manhattan was just a bad matchup for Louisville, but if they ran that press, that defense, and that offense in the MAAC, how did they lose to Quinnipiac?

 

I didn't see the whole game & while I am surprised the outcome was in question for so long, I think it has more to do with Masiello than anything. He's as familiar with Pitino's style as anybody & I would think that UL probably didn't bring their A game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.