Cantrell's Ratings entering State Tournament

The kid has springs and is fun to watch. I wonder with Marshall letting their coach go if he will re-open his recruitment?

I have seen him play 6 times over the last 2 years,,only 1 time did he put out for 32 minutes, he has a disappearing act,,I would say he better stay locked in..

Jumped out to me as well...don't think that is how the game would end up if they played.

They did play this year in the KOB in Louisville and PRP won by 12 but the game was closer than the final margin. Call it sour grapes or not but the JC fans felt like PRP got away with alot of fouls not called. I would agree that PRP does play very "handsy"

They did play this year in the KOB in Louisville and PRP won by 12 but the game was closer than the final margin. Call it sour grapes or not but the JC fans felt like PRP got away with alot of fouls not called. I would agree that PRP does play very "handsy"

Kudos to them, or any team, for being as aggressive as the whistles will allow you to be. If VCU was ever called to the letter they wouldn't have a kid that would finish a game, I'm sure PRP is of that ilk with their style.

I've only seen Trinity once this season ... when Scott County bounced them out of Lafayette's gym. Are they really that good that they can lose five and still be #1?

DAVE

The Rocks are 3-1 versus the remaining field. Trinity just knocked out everyone's season long choice for number 1 in the Seventh Region final. I'd say they are a legitimate #1 heading into the Sweet Sixteen who are healthy at the right time!

PRP and Fleming County might need to be ranked substantially higher than given here. Of course it's a computerized system, so I won't complain too much because there's no human to blame this ranking on (well, except for maybe Cantrell :)).

You may be my new favorite member ever. What is your favorite Wu Tang song ever? And welcome to BGP!!!!! Glad to have you aboard!!!

I have seen him play 6 times over the last 2 years,,only 1 time did he put out for 32 minutes, he has a disappearing act,,I would say he better stay locked in..

The disappearing act you speak of I want to put on some of the guard play. I feel like the guards are looking to make a name for themselves and want to be the star. Shane Hall is the star of this team and victories against difficult competition goes through him. When you don't get to touch the ball for three or fours minutes you see lapses in his play. I'll put this on their coach. Get the ball to Shane then the others are in a position to make more significant contributions. I saw Shane try to play last year, when injured and should have been in a walking boot, push himself to try to help his team win. I kept saying to myself, why are they playing this kid as severe as his injury is. It takes guts to go out there and play like that. I hope a mountain team from the 12th to the 16th wins it all.

According to all these comments, Covington Catholic has to be the sleep of the tournament. Team has depth and can play. Should make it to the semi against Wayne County. I taking them to go all the way and become one of the few 9th regional teams to do so.

According to all these comments, Covington Catholic has to be the sleep of the tournament. Team has depth and can play. Should make it to the semi against Wayne County. I taking them to go all the way and become one of the few 9th regional teams to do so.

Really,,,,That is a pretty BOLD statement,,,,good luck

Using the Cantrell Rating the biggest mismatch would be Scott County vs Fleming County. Fleming County is a good team with Burns back, Scott County better not sleep on Fleming County.

Billy Hicks told me today - "If they are the 15th best team out of 16 teams, this will be the best state tournament in history."

Cards know they can't overlook them.

Hope its a great game!

The disappearing act you speak of I want to put on some of the guard play. I feel like the guards are looking to make a name for themselves and want to be the star. Shane Hall is the star of this team and victories against difficult competition goes through him. When you don't get to touch the ball for three or fours minutes you see lapses in his play. I'll put this on their coach. Get the ball to Shane then the others are in a position to make more significant contributions. I saw Shane try to play last year, when injured and should have been in a walking boot, push himself to try to help his team win. I kept saying to myself, why are they playing this kid as severe as his injury is. It takes guts to go out there and play like that. I hope a mountain team from the 12th to the 16th wins it all.

Sounds a lot like the Spalding situation.

Billy Hicks told me today - "If they are the 15th best team out of 16 teams, this will be the best state tournament in history."

Cards know they can't overlook them.

Hope its a great game!

1. No coach with any experience or sense will overlook anybody at this point.

2. No coach with any experience or sense will say otherwise (that their opponents are dangerous, etc.).

Coach Hicks is both experienced and obviously has good sense.

Just sayin' . . .