9. PRP (26-7).......................78.8

10. Bardstown (26-6)............76.3

11. Owensboro (21-10).........75.8

12. Clay County (23-8)..........73.4

13. Campbell County (21-8)...72.0

14. South Oldham(22-4)........71.8

15. Fleming County (24-9).....71.2

16. McCracken Co. (24-8)......70.0

Oboro had a lot of losses first half of season, so I can see a lower ranking with 10 losses. Hopkinsville is a great team. Owensboro beat BG by 13 and played Hoptown within 6. Unless BG has really come on, I didn't think that much of them.

Tidbits -

* According to Cantrell's post-regional tournament ratings the Knott County Central - Bowling Green game will be the closest first round game.

* The top three rated teams (Trinity, Scott County & Hopkinsville) are in the upper bracket and the next four (Wayne County, Covington Catholic, Bowling Green & Knott County Central) are in the lower bracket.

* Unusual to see a 6th or 7th region team not rated in the top six (6th Region's PRP at 9th)?

* Mike Fields pointed out in his column this morning half of this year's field is made up of teams who were there last year.

Edited by Randy Parker
Rule 10

I've only seen Trinity once this season ... when Scott County bounced them out of Lafayette's gym. Are they really that good that they can lose five and still be #1?

Cantrell does take into account SOS. Trinity's losses were to the #1 ranked 4A team in Florida, Ballard twice, Scott County and NCC. Along the way I believe they beat Johnson Central, PRP, Bardstown, Bowling Green (all in state tourney) and Lafayette twice, Henry Clay, Ballard, Etown, DeSales to name a few. I dont think there is a clear cut favorite as you can see with the numbers but Trinity would have to be included in the discussion

I've only seen Trinity once this season ... when Scott County bounced them out of Lafayette's gym. Are they really that good that they can lose five and still be #1?

Cantrell does take into account SOS. Trinity's losses were to the #1 ranked 4A team in Florida, Ballard twice, Scott County and NCC. Along the way I believe they beat Johnson Central, PRP, Bardstown, Bowling Green (all in state tourney) and Lafayette twice, Henry Clay, Ballard, Etown, DeSales to name a few. I dont think there is a clear cut favorite as you can see with the numbers but Trinity would have to be included in the discussion

Very well put.............................

DAVE

Yeah,,I saw that game also,,,I know I am using a big word IF,,if that game goes another minute or so it could have been a different result..and yes I like Scott County.

Using the Cantrell Rating the biggest mismatch would be Scott County vs Fleming County. Fleming County is a good team with Burns back, Scott County better not sleep on Fleming County.

I saw all but 3 of these teams play this year,,Scott Co. will beat Fleming , but Fleming is a better team than a lot of these teams that they are under..

The kid has springs and is fun to watch. I wonder with Marshall letting their coach go if he will re-open his recruitment?

I think he is signed which means it's up to the school.

And yes he's an athletic freak of nature!

I think he is signed which means it's up to the school.

And yes he's an athletic freak of nature!

If you go to the Sweet 16 I am sure you will see a monster putback jam, he seems to be good for at least one of those a game.