Boyle County - Steve Adams

Nowhere on this thread did it say Boyoe County didn't want Coach Adams. That may be wishful thinking for some people on here. Don't see anything going on at Boyle County unlike what some people would like for it to be and until we hear it from Coach Adams then it is all speculation.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nowhere on this thread did it say Boyoe County didn't want Coach Adams. That may be wishful thinking for some people on here. Don't see anything going on at Boyle County unlike what some people would like for it to be and until we hear it from Coach Adams then it is all speculation.

I think Steve wants Boyle and I think Boyle wants Steve. I know there is a disconnect somewhere that can and should be resolved as soon as some people quit worrying about where the information is coming from and just worry about fixing the issue at hand. Something somewhere is broken and the person(people) with the power to fix it are calling me when he(they)should be working on fixing the situation and mending some relationships.

I think Steve wants Boyle and I think Boyle wants Steve. I know there is a disconnect somewhere that can and should be resolved as soon as some people quit worrying about where the information is coming from and just worry about fixing the issue at hand. Something somewhere is broken and the person(people) with the power to fix it are calling me when he(they)should be working on fixing the situation and mending some relationships.

People running their mouth and not knowing what they are talking about usually causes more problems than what actually there is.

For the record, I still have nothing but love for Boyle County. I have defended Boyle County hundreds of times and will continue to defend Boyle County as long as I have kids in the school system. I will also voice my displeasure for things done at Boyle County when I don't agree with something that has been done and I will voice my displeasure privately before doing so publicly. I sincerely hope that something can be done to appease all people involved in this situation. I haven't given up that hope and will continue to be optimistic that things will be worked out between Coach Adams and Will Begley.

I do want to apologize to Coach Chuck Smith for anything I may have said that has offended him. It was misguided anger on my part and there isn't any reason to be upset or angry with him. None of this is his fault or of his doing and I shouldn't be taking shots at him the way I did previously in this thread. That was uncalled for on my part and I wish I could take back the things I said about him. That is counterproductive to what I am hoping will be a happy ending for everyone. Coach Smith, I am sorry.

Jason Alexander

For the record, I still have nothing but love for Boyle County. I have defended Boyle County hundreds of times and will continue to defend Boyle County as long as I have kids in the school system. I will also voice my displeasure for things done at Boyle County when I don't agree with something that has been done and I will voice my displeasure privately before doing so publicly. I sincerely hope that something can be done to appease all people involved in this situation. I haven't given up that hope and will continue to be optimistic that things will be worked out between Coach Adams and Will Begley.

I do want to apologize to Coach Chuck Smith for anything I may have said that has offended him. It was misguided anger on my part and there isn't any reason to be upset or angry with him. None of this is his fault or of his doing and I shouldn't be taking shots at him the way I did previously in this thread. That was uncalled for on my part and I wish I could take back the things I said about him. That is counterproductive to what I am hoping will be a happy ending for everyone. Coach Smith, I am sorry.

Jason Alexander

It will be a bad day for Boyle County basketball if those two don't get together and work something out. Coach Adams is a quality coach and loves his kids. Most people only see how he coaches them on the court, not how great he is to them off the court.

Steve Adams isn't going anywhere. He loves his players and his players love him. Hopefully things will get worked out. It was definitely handled wrong but a man to man conversation between Adams and Begley is needed.

Steve Adams isn't going anywhere. He loves his players and his players love him. Hopefully things will get worked out. It was definitely handled wrong but a man to man conversation between Adams and Begley is needed.

Coach Adams will be the next head coach at Mercer County. The Titans want him bad and are going after him hard. Everybody in Mercer knows this. Be prepared to say bye to Adams and hello to Coach Britt as the new head coach at Boyle County. I'm surprised I am the first one to say this out loud.

Blaming Chuck is laughable. Asking why Chuck can get these perks has 1 answer. He was a FREE AGENT. That's the price they had to pay to get him in the market. What is happening to coach Adams is on the admin. Coach Adams looking around to better himself is now certainly understandable.

Blaming Chuck is laughable. Asking why Chuck can get these perks has 1 answer. He was a FREE AGENT. That's the price they had to pay to get him in the market. What is happening to coach Adams is on the admin. Coach Adams looking around to better himself is now certainly understandable.

I realized that and apologized. I can admit when I am wrong.

Coach Adams will be the next head coach at Mercer County. The Titans want him bad and are going after him hard. Everybody in Mercer knows this. Be prepared to say bye to Adams and hello to Coach Britt as the new head coach at Boyle County. I'm surprised I am the first one to say this out loud.

Interesting......i had not heard that one,but interesting!

Mike Pittman did very well at Boyle County when Smith was there the first time, including winning regional titles twice. Andy Moberly, a Boyle alum, was there for the end of Smith's tenure and wasn't as successful, leaving after just three years, I believe. So it would appear that basketball and football can co-exist at Boyle and I can't think of anyone better to have at the helm than Steve Adams.

It was during this period that Boyle County really raised their game, across the board. I am pretty sure that Boyle County's first regional championship in any sport came in basketball in 1998, just ahead of their football championships.

I feel pretty good about the information I have received.

I blame Chuck because if his concern was everyone at Boyle and not just himself then he would do more to make things works for everyone. What Chuck wants Chuck gets. Last I heard Chuck wanted 15K more than what Madison Central was paying and he got it. He's happy to be back home though. :thumb:

Wow, wow and more wow! Is there no set teachers' contract or extra-curricular salary schedule in Boyle Co.??? What administrators - who are they - have power to alter a coaches' pay to such a degree? Now, if it requires extra duties, i.e. extended days of work, etc., that is another thing all together, and that is understandable. But ... wait a minute ... isn't this is where they were searching far and wide for big-name football candidates just a few years ago - say ... like former UK coach Guy Morriss??? Other coaches who already coach there and have had no input into what their coaching pay is should be up in arms, if this report is accurate. Extra WOW!

Judy Mason

Ronnie Bottoms

Chris Pardue

Larry French

Soon you can add Steve Adams to the list of good coaches the administration has ran off at one time or another. I hope they run him down 127 to Mercer County. Come on back home Stevie! Titans are better than Rebels.

There two very difficult jobs to perform: 1) being a preacher in one's hometown; and 2) being the head coach in one's hometown. It can be done, but the percentages are not favorable, and it very difficult to do.