Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Barbee out at Auburn

Featured Replies

He should be after that debacle. They had no business losing to SC, let alone getting blown out.

Wait, wait, wait...

 

Auburn has a basketball team?

Knew he was on the hot seat, didn't take them long to drop the hammer.

Bruce wears Orange quite well.

Auburn ends a lot of coaching careers. Not sure why anybody would want to go there. Will pay some money but you cant win there. Another SEC school that only cares about Football but expects basketball team to win at high level without any committment. How many coaches have they gone through in last 15 years.

How many coaches have they gone through in last 15 years.

 

Not as many as you might think. Sonny Smith was there from 1978-89, Tommy Joe Eagles from 1989-94, Cliff Ellis from 1994-2004, Jeff Lebo from 2004-10, and now Barbee. Smith, Ellis, and Lebo (barely) had winning records but none had a winning percentage higher than .456 (Ellis) in SEC play.

If I was Auburn, I'd throw everything I had at Donnie Tyndall.

If I was Auburn, I'd throw everything I had at Donnie Tyndall.

 

Speculation on Twitter last night seemed to indicate he was on the short list. But if I'm Tyndall, with all the success he's had at Morehead and Southern Miss, do you maybe stand pat for a year or two and wait for an Alabama or Ole Miss to open up, two spots that have shown more favor toward basketball than has Auburn over the years?

Speculation on Twitter last night seemed to indicate he was on the short list. But if I'm Tyndall, with all the success he's had at Morehead and Southern Miss, do you maybe stand pat for a year or two and wait for an Alabama or Ole Miss to open up, two spots that have shown more favor toward basketball than has Auburn over the years?

 

I don't know if he would take the Auburn job or not but I'm just saying if I was Auburn I'd give every effort to get him.

This from a guy who touts himself as an "award winning journalist" and goes by the name "bigstallion":

 

@biggstallion · 9h

According to sources, Southern Miss head basketball coach Donnie Tyndall will be named to the same post at Auburn in the next 72 hours...

Donnie would be a great choice. I just hope he waits for something better. Like I said coaching careers end there.

I don't know if he would take the Auburn job or not but I'm just saying if I was Auburn I'd give every effort to get him.

 

Gotcha. Yes, that would be a smart move. Anyone know what Barbee made or what his severance pay might be? You wonder how much Auburn is willing to spend?

Auburn will spend on the salary. But what are their committments to facilities and support. What does Auburn have to offer a kid to come and play basketball there. Auburn or Alabama cant keep their best in state players home. Should tell you all you need to know.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.