Raceland posts the Head Coach position today

sidelinedoc

Now that Raceland has begun the search for a new head football coach, a)who should get it & b) who will apply for it?

The coaching position is arguably a top notch job to obtain and the teaching position and associated salary should garner some looks from well groomed coaches. I am just curious of who seeks this out since it is almost March.

Thoughts?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are multiple men on the current coaching staff that are plausible hires. The question remains as to whom, if any, outside coaches apply for the job. We are almost in March and most schools have already filled spots and coaches looking to move have already made those moves. I am just curious to see how much interest this job draws.

The state of Raceland football is at an all time high and will only go higher, so I'm not sure you wanna take a chance with an assistant coach who has no previous head coaching experience. With that being said, I think you have to look outside the program first. I've heard of at least one coach with a recent state title who is interested in taking the job, obviously it's hearsay, so you take it with a grain of salt. If the rumor is true and the man is genuinely interested in the program, then you hire him. Just my opinion, and my opinions have been known to irritate others.

you know that for sure? thought they were looking at applicants??

They are looking at know one right now.They had one guy in mind thatsno loner interested so Salmons gets the nod by default.To late in the year to land anybody els.To bad really,Thought we might get some new direction for the program.