Raceland posts the Head Coach position today

sidelinedoc

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, I think Vanderhoof was the only Raceland guy to ever coach at Raceland, If I'm not mistaken.

Maynard was from Russell and previously coached at Greenup County.

Ross was from Boyd County and previously coached at Boyd County and Liberty University.

Snyder was from Ohio, I believe.

Heck, I think he was from North Carolina or somewhere.

Sammons, I guess was from Raceland, but begin coaching from EKU.

Michaels was from Lawrence County

Jones was from Russell.

That shoots the good old boy system to poo. However, I can see that with the assistants. Most are from within. And there's not a thing wrong with that.

I think Ross was the last coach hired that did not play for Raceland or was on staff in all of the sport programs at Raceland.Shawn Johnson was on staff,TJ was on staff.Every other coach down there played at Raceland.Thats the good ole boy system at its finest.How many sports programs at Raceland would you consider to be good?I would love a change.Your right Doc Raceland is going to be fine.I just got a little juiced over the flirtation of a rumor of what I thought would be a great hire for the Rams.

And who would that great hire be?

I think Ross was the last coach hired that did not play for Raceland or was on staff in all of the sport programs at Raceland.Shawn Johnson was on staff,TJ was on staff.Every other coach down there played at Raceland.Thats the good ole boy system at its finest.How many sports programs at Raceland would you consider to be good?I would love a change.Your right Doc Raceland is going to be fine.I just got a little juiced over the flirtation of a rumor of what I thought would be a great hire for the Rams.

I apologize then because I didn't understand your point. I thought we were talking football only.

And who would that great hire be?

I heard rumors that Jerry Lucas was interested in either the Russell or Raceland jobs. Obviously the Russell job first and if they hired TJ, then Raceland was the next choice. I was told he is from the area and was looking to move back to this area. Again, this was all hearsay.

I heard rumors that Jerry Lucas was interested in either the Russell or Raceland jobs. Obviously the Russell job first and if they hired TJ' date=' then Raceland was the next choice. I was told he is from the area and was looking to move back to this area. Again, this was all hearsay.[/quote']

I am very good friends with Jerry and the entire Lucas family. He has a great thing going at Collins. Even IF the thought went through his head, he'd be insane to leave what he has there.