Raceland posts the Head Coach position today

sidelinedoc

If the job was just posted, give people time to apply. This stuff does not happen over night. I know a guy that is from EKY that is very interested and would be better than anyone they are talking about that is on staff now. Give it a couple of weeks and see what transpires

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder who the one from EKY might be?

If the job was just posted, give people time to apply. This stuff does not happen over night. I know a guy that is from EKY that is very interested and would be better than anyone they are talking about that is on staff now. Give it a couple of weeks and see what transpires

They are looking at know one right now.They had one guy in mind thatsno loner interested so Salmons gets the nod by default.To late in the year to land anybody els.To bad really,Thought we might get some new direction for the program.

Because the direction is bad? I couldn't possibly disagree more with that part of your statement. The team just finished farther down the line than ever before, but now needs a new direction. Brilliant.

I don't know. And with all due respect to my Raceland alumni, we aren't talking Highlands here. Raceland is a very well respected program, but I doubt that there are candidates lined up to move their families to EKY from parts west in the state. Are there some out there? I don't know, and I hope that if there are that they are gonna apply and get an interview. But some act like what's there is chopped liver. I, for one, think you could do an awful lot worse.

It will be interesting to see how this one goes. Looking at it from a distance, I would say Raceland is one of the better jobs to have in that part of the state. Is that an accurate assessment?

To be honest, most coaches like Raceland, Russell and Ashland. Those are the best jobs in the area. Better pay, great support, and they win games.

I was talking about the hiring of a new coach.They have used the good ole boy system far to long.I was just excited to have someone new not on staff.Thats all Doc

What exactly has made you think it was the good old boy system? Bill Tom Ross wasn't one of that network. He was awesome. Then Hoof, well, he had some pretty solid success, and I guess you could argue he was part of that good old boy network. Was TJ?

What exactly has made you think it was the good old boy system? Bill Tom Ross wasn't one of that network. He was awesome. Then Hoof' date=' well, he had some pretty solid success, and I guess you could argue he was part of that good old boy network. Was TJ?[/quote']

I think the best way to agree with you is to say, Raceland football was good before TJ and it will be fine after him. Our coaching staff is very solid, from top to bottom. Although none have head coaching experience, I think any of them, including Coach Francis from the middle school team are plausible replacements for the open position.

Heck, I think Vanderhoof was the only Raceland guy to ever coach at Raceland, If I'm not mistaken.

Maynard was from Russell and previously coached at Greenup County.

Ross was from Boyd County and previously coached at Boyd County and Liberty University.

Snyder was from Ohio, I believe.

Heck, I think he was from North Carolina or somewhere.

Sammons, I guess was from Raceland, but begin coaching from EKU.

Michaels was from Lawrence County

Jones was from Russell.