July 18, 201412 yr I called Direct TV....got a guy from Ky, told him I would be switching if they didn't get the SEC network. He told me he understood completely...being from Ky....:lol2:. Told me of a web site I could go to to get updates on the negotiations.
July 18, 201412 yr I called Direct TV....got a guy from Ky, told him I would be switching if they didn't get the SEC network. He told me he understood completely...being from Ky....:lol2:. Told me of a web site I could go to to get updates on the negotiations. Would you like to share that site address?
July 19, 201412 yr Read that Comcast has finalized deal with SEC, wish they could get TW purchase finalized so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Purchase is being held up in DC as either Dish or Direct TV are putting pressure on congress to keep FCC from approving deal.
July 19, 201412 yr Would you like to share that site address? Sure: http://directvpromise.com/ Here is the statement they have posted: [h=3]DIRECTV Statement Regarding the SEC Network[/h]We’re in the middle of productive discussions with Disney over ESPN’s new SEC Network and hope to be able to provide it as soon as we possibly can. Both DIRECTV and Disney understand and appreciate the unique bond between SEC teams and the communities they represent, many of which lack any professional teams. We are working cooperatively to ensure that everyone can still see their favorite SEC team play at the most reasonable value to all SEC fans and the rest of our customers throughout the Southeast.
July 19, 201412 yr DirecTV will carry the SEC network, with every major cable company and Dish on board they don't really have a choice. They are just doing what they always do, dragging negotiations out until the last minute to try and save a few pennies. I would expect them to announce it around the first of August.
July 20, 201412 yr DirecTV will carry the SEC network, with every major cable company and Dish on board they don't really have a choice. They are just doing what they always do, dragging negotiations out until the last minute to try and save a few pennies. I would expect them to announce it around the first of August. They better not drag it out to long, as customers are already switching.
July 24, 201412 yr Just read on another site that Time Warner will carry the SEC network. Sure hope it's true.
July 24, 201412 yr Just read on another site that Time Warner will carry the SEC network. Sure hope it's true. It is they just announced it on the news tonight.
July 24, 201412 yr Just read on another site that Time Warner will carry the SEC network. Sure hope it's true. Whew...glad that's done...sat wasn't really a option for me due to tree cover over and around house.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.