Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Demand the SEC Network Now

Featured Replies

I'm sure many of you know that ESPN is launching their SEC Network in August 2014. It is my understanding that any game that is not picked up nationally will be televised on this station moving forward. That would have been 10 games this season. If your cable provider doesn't have this channel in their lineup, well you might have to find another way to watch the game, which I find extremely annoying.

 

Currently only AT&T U-verse is offering this channel, at least where I live. Go to the following site and you can have something sent to your cable provider and/or it will provide you a number that you can call. Took me 30 seconds.

 

Get the SEC Network

  • Replies 73
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did it. It says Time Warner is not carrying the SEC network. They will lose me if they don't.

I just sent the letter, getting ready to call Time Warner.

I just did it. It says Time Warner is not carrying the SEC network. They will lose me if they don't.

 

I just called, representative told me that in negotiations that the SEC Network could not work out a deal with TWC so they couldn't carry it.

I told him that it wasn't my job to know who wouldn't work with who and I hoped that TWC decides to work it out /carry it and that there were other options that I could go to and drop TWC all together. He said that he was sorry, I told him that I didn't think that it was his personal decision and/orfault, lol - to pass along the request to whoever handles that type of thing. ( he wouldn't transfer me )

I am disabled, at home and have all kinds of time to bug the crap out of these people. :D

  • Author

I sent my letter. I'm looking to probably change cable providers this summer. Time Warner doesn't need to know that though, they can think its because "a deal can't be worked".

 

Call me crazy but I hate missing UK games, no matter who they're playing.

FYI:

 

Dish Network announced they will carry the SEC Network.

 

Cincinnati Bell is also going to carry it.

I finally got tired of my ever-rising TWC bill so I checked with Cincinnati Bell. Neighbor went to it and has had no issues. While looking into it I found that they are carrying the SEC Network in August. So I'm saving $40/month plus getting the SEC.

  • Author

Saw a tweet from Matt Jones that said something along the lines that DirectTV will have the new SEC network as part of their package. Hoping this meaning Insight/TWC/Whoever owns them now, does the same.

DirecTV has issued a statement regarding the SEC Network:

 

We’re in the middle of productive discussions with Disney over ESPN’s new SEC Network and hope to be able to provide it as soon as we possibly can. Both DIRECTV and Disney understand and appreciate the unique bond between SEC teams and the communities they represent, many of which lack any professional teams. We are working cooperatively to ensure that everyone can still see their favorite SEC team play at the most reasonable value to all SEC fans and the rest of our customers throughout the Southeast.

 

 

Keeping You Connected to Your Sports Networks « DIRECTV Promise

Now Cincinnati Bell says they are not sure. Negotiating n

Bardstown Cable will be carrying it, which is good.

DirecTV has issued a statement regarding the SEC Network:

 

We’re in the middle of productive discussions with Disney over ESPN’s new SEC Network and hope to be able to provide it as soon as we possibly can. Both DIRECTV and Disney understand and appreciate the unique bond between SEC teams and the communities they represent, many of which lack any professional teams. We are working cooperatively to ensure that everyone can still see their favorite SEC team play at the most reasonable value to all SEC fans and the rest of our customers throughout the Southeast.

 

 

Keeping You Connected to Your Sports Networks « DIRECTV Promise

 

Hope they get it before the trip to the Bahamas.

Now Cincinnati Bell says they are not sure. Negotiating n

 

Doesn't surprise me with CinBell. They took Big 10 network away about as soon as I signed up with them and I don't expect SEC Network to be carried or if it is my monthly bill will get jacked up again. I'm considering another provider switch but to be honest I'm really getting tired of hopping around every other year.

Talked to Time Warner rep today. She said they were in negotiations with SEC Network. I told her that if they don't get together soon that I would be saying goodbye to Bill Cowher. She immediately offered to give me a free DVR box. I told her that I already have three and didn't need another one. Just give me my SEC.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.