January 31, 201412 yr In this case Sapp is whining like a school girl. If you don't like the guy just say I don't like him but to act like his level of play wasn't HOF worthy makes him look stupid. Strahan's obviously got rabbit ears to get roped in as easily as he has. They need to have an MMA or boxing match with the proceeds going to charity to settle this.
January 31, 201412 yr How can a guy who says what he feels about any and everything seem fake? If anyone seems fake it would be the football player who does a daytime talk show with a soccer mom. I don't get a genuine feeling from Sapp. I reserve the right to have my own feelings about someone...if that's okay.
February 1, 201412 yr How can a guy who says what he feels about any and everything seem fake? If anyone seems fake it would be the football player who does a daytime talk show with a soccer mom. Smart guy. Being on that show just makes him more appealing to a wider array of audiences. How many middle-aged white women follow Warren Sapp? ZERO
February 1, 201412 yr Smart guy. Being on that show just makes him more appealing to a wider array of audiences. How many middle-aged white women follow Warren Sapp? ZERO Sapp is not only an idiot, he's a bankrupt idiot. Strahan ain't having money probs as far as I know. :lol2:
February 1, 201412 yr Smart guy. Being on that show just makes him more appealing to a wider array of audiences. How many middle-aged white women follow Warren Sapp? ZERO Because he isn't fake. He keeps it all the way real about who he is without worrying about his image. If middle-aged white women were following Sapp I'd say he's being pretty fake.
February 1, 201412 yr I don't get a genuine feeling from Sapp. I reserve the right to have my own feelings about someone...if that's okay. Sure. I'm used to your feelings being wrong anyways. Mr. Zero-Two-Times-Over. :lol2:
February 2, 201412 yr Word is Strahan was elected to the hall of fame with Andre Reed, Derrick Brooks and Walter Jones.
February 2, 201412 yr Sapp lied about losing his Super Bowl ring when he filed for bankruptcy. Either that or he found it or borrowed one a couple of months after he said he lost it ... He also ran his mouth and said Shockey was a "snitch" re: the New Orleans bounties. That wasn't the case. These are two other examples of Sapp being a moron. And when someone calls him out on it he challenges them to a fight (Strahan and Shockey) All that is on top of the fact that he has some odd fascination with Strahan. He has said several things about him, most of which are just ridiculously stupid. I'm not sure why he's so jealous. Maybe because people actually like Strahan.
February 2, 201412 yr Sapp lied about losing his Super Bowl ring when he filed for bankruptcy. Either that or he found it or borrowed one a couple of months after he said he lost it ... He also ran his mouth and said Shockey was a "snitch" re: the New Orleans bounties. That wasn't the case. These are two other examples of Sapp being a moron. And when someone calls him out on it he challenges them to a fight (Strahan and Shockey) All that is on top of the fact that he has some odd fascination with Strahan. He has said several things about him, most of which are just ridiculously stupid. I'm not sure why he's so jealous. Maybe because people actually like Strahan. I think it stems from Strahan have the sack record. I think Sapp incorrectly predicted he would get it one year. Seems like jealousy to me. I still love Sapp though.
February 2, 201412 yr Strahan has 141.5 career sacks. His best years were 22.5, 18.5, 15 and 14. Sapp has 96.5 career sacks. His best years were 16.5,12.5,10.5,10. Strahan played 15 years with one team and won one Super Bowl. He was very very good against the run and rushing the passer. Sapp played 14 with 2 teams. I honestly don't remember how good he was against the run. Sapp also won one Super Bowl. I believe they were tied in pro bowls. Could be wrong though. Both were great players but you really can't just lay out their sack stats as proof of dominance. Take a look at the all time sack list and you'll see that Sapp is 35th on the list but is the only member of the top 35 to be DT only. Plenty of guys have been able to rush from the edge, but Sapp was a 3 technique which is a huge plus.
February 2, 201412 yr Both were great players but you really can't just lay out their sack stats as proof of dominance. Take a look at the all time sack list and you'll see that Sapp is 35th on the list but is the only member of the top 35 to be DT only. Plenty of guys have been able to rush from the edge' date=' but Sapp was a 3 technique which is a huge plus.[/quote'] No doubt about Sapp being one of the best DT's ever. And yes plenty of people have rushed well from the edge. Plenty of people don't have 141 sacks tho. That's good for 5th all time in NFL history. He also played at a high level longer than Sapp.
February 2, 201412 yr I agree with your first three. On the 4th, this is exactly why we put microphones in front of these guys... it gives us something to talk about and make fun of them for. Very true. Without idiot sports comments, we'd have to watch even MORE ESPN re-runs.
February 3, 201412 yr Warren Sapp apologizes to Michael Strahan for critical comments - ESPN New York Even Sapp recognized his comments were idiotic.
February 3, 201412 yr Warren Sapp apologizes to Michael Strahan for critical comments - ESPN New York Even Sapp recognized his comments were idiotic. I'm starting to think he's just really crazy.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.