January 9, 201412 yr Why would Vonteze not be a Bengal much longer? Vontez has made it well known how much he likes Marvin Lewis, and how he was the one who approached Marvin during the pre-draft process. However if Zimmer is gone and Marvin say is gone after next year you could be right. But I think money will talk in Vontez's case. Remember he is playing under a free agent rookie contract right now. So chances are he holds out this year until the Bengals give him a new contract, so he probably will be locked up for years starting this off season. Pretty sure he and Guenther have a very tight relationship. If Guenther and Zim are both gone, I could easily see him joining them as soon as he gets a chance.
January 9, 201412 yr Pretty sure he and Guenther have a very tight relationship. If Guenther and Zim are both gone, I could easily see him joining them as soon as he gets a chance. Thats the thing he is making next to nothing right now and is one of the best linebackers in football. The Bengals have a lot of salary cap space, and chances are he probably would hold out this year until they pay him. So most likely the man is going to get paid this off season and is going to be with the Bengals for a long time. I do see him playing another season for cheap again just so he can move on eventually to play for them. The man is going to want to get paid this off season and deservedly so.
January 10, 201412 yr I have mixed feelings on Hue, either Dalton goes to new heights or it will be crash and burn. Here is hoping for new heights! I agree, only time will tell.
January 10, 201412 yr Reports are Guenther is high on Gruden's list for DC in Washington Little chance any guys on the Cincy staff goes with Gruden. He's not that well liked in the jungle.
January 10, 201412 yr I have mixed feelings on Hue, either Dalton goes to new heights or it will be crash and burn. Here is hoping for new heights! I think it takes some pressure off Andy. Hue historically has really been a run first coordinator. I agree with Joe Reedy, he said you won't see Dalton matching his 34 pass 2nd half performance under Hue.
January 10, 201412 yr Little chance any guys on the Cincy staff goes with Gruden. He's not that well liked in the jungle. Really? Thats the first I have heard of that. I am not saying your wrong, but you have any info to support that?
January 11, 201412 yr My wife and I were having drinks tonight at the Prime 47 tonight before the play at the Aronoff and Hue walked in. I walked up, shook his hand, and congratulated him on his new position. He was very gracious and cordial. Seemed like a true gentleman.
January 11, 201412 yr Author I think it takes some pressure off Andy. Hue historically has really been a run first coordinator. I agree with Joe Reedy, he said you won't see Dalton matching his 34 pass 2nd half performance under Hue. Everyone keeps talking about all the passes thrown in the San Diego game but what should they have done? They were down by two scores with 8 minutes to go. Twenty seven of those passes happened from that point on.
January 11, 201412 yr Everyone keeps talking about all the passes thrown in the San Diego game but what should they have done? They were down by two scores with 8 minutes to go. Twenty seven of those passes happened from that point on. True plus its 2014 and you have to pass. The rules are set up to pass.
January 12, 201412 yr Everyone keeps talking about all the passes thrown in the San Diego game but what should they have done? They were down by two scores with 8 minutes to go. Twenty seven of those passes happened from that point on. True plus its 2014 and you have to pass. The rules are set up to pass. I agree the game dictated them having to pass in the 4th. The bengals showed in the first half that they were going to run the ball. There was only one series in the game where Gruden may have gotten to pass happy before the game dictated them having to pass. And that was the 2nd series in the second half where they passed 3 straight times without running and on that 3rd pass Dalton fumbled.
January 12, 201412 yr I think with the Bengals keep Gruden's play book and terminology it shows that Gruden's playbook probably was a pretty good one. Just Hue may end up calling different plays in different situations.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.