January 7, 201412 yr Reverse psychology. Think of the summers of the past Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast
January 7, 201412 yr Queen - A Winter's Tale [video=youtube_share;2f5kB0zUkxs]http://youtu.be/2f5kB0zUkxs
January 7, 201412 yr Black Sabbath - Snowblind [video=youtube_share;aLq8KZQ0L_8]http://youtu.be/aLq8KZQ0L_8
January 7, 201412 yr Author Thanks CWB and everyone for your "cool" contributions. As is typical, some of these tunes are spawning numerous thoughts and memories within me: Love me some SRV. Had the pleasure of seeing him with Double Trouble open for the Moody Blues at Riverfront Coliseum in 1983 on their "The Present' tour sometime real close to Halloween as I remember looking out of place dressed in punk rock garb with sprayed on blue hair as I was heading to a Halloween party immediately following the show. I knew going in that attendees of that show were going to be a bit puzzled by my choice of threads for the evening. Emancipator is a new one one me. They somehow got past my radar. Of course Led is groovy, not much there that I can add than hasn't already been said. I promise you that I've tried and tried with Tom Waits even going as far as once picking up a greatest hits. I wanted so bad to understand, and it wasn't for lack of trying. Must admit that this one is pretty cool. Perhaps one day it will all click for me. Totally Totally Totally dig Ryan Adams. Sold out show in Louisville's Headliners shortly after 911 where I pulled up to a parking lot that had a two seater plane stuck in a tree. That was pretty freaky considering the already weird coincidence of his strangely timed "New York" track. Caught him at a sold out Roseland Ballroom show in New York in the spring of 2002 where it was light jacket weather when I arrived and windy severe cold as I hustled my way numerous blocks back to Grand Central Station with newspapers flying everywhere, and the only upside to that heart pounding experience was that no freaks were on the streets to bother me along the way. Seriously thought that I was close to a heart attack until I could finally settle down at the station. Ben Affleck was standing directly in front of me at the show, but I didn't bother him any as he had a look on his face that seemed to say that he was hoping no one noticed. Adam Arkin was standing over to the side in close proximity to me where I kept thinking "Why do I know this guy?" as he seemed to be looking at me the same way. It wasn't until days later that it struck me who he was, and realized that he was probably thinking that I was looking at him with the complete knowledge of who he was. I kept thinking that he was a Northern Kentucky dude that I knew and was surprised to see another local at the show. Just for the sake of representing the Bluegrass state, when Ryan got to the "I miss Kentucky" part of "Sweet Carolina" song I gave a good ol' Kentucky "Woo Hoo", that likely no one got, and found to be disrespectful during such a sweet heart rendering tune. I think they were right. I've on a couple occasions found online bootleg recordings of that evening only to be taken to dead links. I've wanted so bad to hear that part of the song again, as it was quiet in the hall during that tune, and undoubtedly I had to be picked up by the microphone in doing so. Saw him again more recently at the sold out intimate Taft Theater show in Cincy Hands down the best performance of those three shows was the Lousiville performance, as he and the band were just in that perfect mood where you knew that you were at a special show. As always my comments are overkill, but I just can't help it. :shy:
January 7, 201412 yr Author Perhaps not well known by pop radio, the early 90's Chicago dance club act "LaTour" had a couple of largely popular numbers with "Cold", and an even more popular track that's not appropriate for this thread, but equally as clever and groovy in it's wording, delivery,intent, and infectious danceability. The lyrics to "Cold" are cleverly constructed, clearly audible spoken word rhymes giving advice when facing humans with deceptive ill-intent, all the while with a groovy danceable atmospheric back beat and laid back jam.
January 7, 201412 yr Not for right now...but perhaps for Saturday. [video=youtube;PPGA4-8oSUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPGA4-8oSUI
January 7, 201412 yr Can't believe no one posted this one yet. [video=youtube_share;KOGw0IXFnSQ]http://youtu.be/KOGw0IXFnSQ
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.