Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Private perspective on split

Featured Replies

Dr Rob Mullin, President of Trinity, presented his analysis of the public/private split in the winter edition of the Trinity Leader http://www.thsrock.net/leader/leader2005winter.pdf (See Presidents Message on pg 3)

 

I hope everyone will take the time to read it. I think that it puts to rest many of the unfounded charges you hear about. I also suggest that anyone that wonders why we are willing to pay so much to send our kids to a school like Trinity take the time to read the whole issue.

 

My PDF viewer is messed up can you copy and paste it to me?

  • Replies 87
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little off subject but I have a good little story for you guys.

Good Ole Dr. Mullin. I was at a St. Gabriel game a few years ago to watch my nephew play. I had my Fern Creek jacket on and was standing in the endzone at GA when some guy with a mustache came up to me and told me I could not be there watching a CSAA game with that jacket on. I told him that my nephew was playing and I had just came form a coaches meeting at Fern Creek is why I has the jacket on. He preseded to scream at me and tried to get the field manager to throw me out. The field manager laughed at me and I almost came to blows with this guy screaming at me.(Just ask Rockmom of my temper)It took everything I had not to lay him out the way he talked to me. A few weeks later when we played Trinity and had their program I saw the guys picture that yelled at me as the president of Trinity. I laughed and just thought I would tell you guys the only time I have met Dr. Mullins. HE is definitely passionate about his beliefs no doubt. I kind of admire that about him. :p

 

 

Now, now....we don't need to go "there". :D

Rob Mullen screamed at you????

 

That I'm not buying.

Rob Mullen screamed at you????

 

That I'm not buying.

 

I have witnesses, but this as a chat room with unidentified members it would be illegal to tell. I really do not care what is believed, I witnessed.

Sure is easy to make accusations on a message board and then not back them up isn't it?

A little off subject but I have a good little story for you guys.

Good Ole Dr. Mullin. I was at a St. Gabriel game a few years ago to watch my nephew play. I had my Fern Creek jacket on and was standing in the endzone at GA when some guy with a mustache came up to me and told me I could not be there watching a CSAA game with that jacket on. I told him that my nephew was playing and I had just came form a coaches meeting at Fern Creek is why I has the jacket on. He preseded to scream at me and tried to get the field manager to throw me out. The field manager laughed at me and I almost came to blows with this guy screaming at me.(Just ask Rockmom of my temper)It took everything I had not to lay him out the way he talked to me. A few weeks later when we played Trinity and had their program I saw the guys picture that yelled at me as the president of Trinity. I laughed and just thought I would tell you guys the only time I have met Dr. Mullins. HE is definitely passionate about his beliefs no doubt. I kind of admire that about him. :p

 

Ah come on, that sounds like an exaggeration to me. Why would someone in his position do something like that? What is a CSAA game anyway?

Rob Mullen screamed at you????

 

That I'm not buying.

 

 

I can buy it...while Rob is very passionate about Trinity (as he should be :thumb: )...He is not the same man that I knew back in my days at Trinity.

Ah come on, that sounds like an exaggeration to me. Why would someone in his position do something like that? What is a CSAA game anyway?

 

 

CSAA stands for Catholic School Athletic Association, and is the governing body of the Catholic Grade School Sports program. So, they were attending a St. Gabriel Grade School Football game.

Sure is easy to make accusations on a message board and then not back them up isn't it?

 

It was over 5 years ago, how can I back it up, video.

Is it Trinity or St.X that has kids from 13 different countys?Just wandering since these schools dont recruit. :laugh: I got some serious facts about one of these schools that would open up a huge can of worms,but you cant mention names on here.

Is it Trinity or St.X that has kids from 13 different countys?Just wandering since these schools dont recruit. :laugh: I got some serious facts about one of these schools that would open up a huge can of worms,but you cant mention names on here.

 

Report it to the KHSAA or move on. Allusions are worthless on here.

Is it Trinity or St.X that has kids from 13 different countys?Just wandering since these schools dont recruit. :laugh: I got some serious facts about one of these schools that would open up a huge can of worms,but you cant mention names on here.
I wonder why you are wandering ? Does That fact that they don't recruit cause you so much distress that you become lost and distracted ? You ought to see a professional about this problem . :eek:
Is it Trinity or St.X that has kids from 13 different countys?Just wandering since these schools dont recruit. :laugh: I got some serious facts about one of these schools that would open up a huge can of worms,but you cant mention names on here.

 

I saw bigfoot last night also.

 

As I have posted previously - if recuiting is so rampant and bad then produce a single former student and/or their parents that will go on the record and say they were paid or their tuition was paid for just so they could play sports at a private school.

 

Until that day, this is just another bigfoot sighting that is being trumped up to rationalize "a level the playing field".

Random question of the day:

 

If so many people have these "facts" about private schools alleged wrong-doings, why haven't they reported them in the past?

 

It seems to me, that if the allegations were true, a whole lot of hard feelings would have been avoided, if the people with the "knowledge" would have reported to the appropriate authority.

 

Why does everyone all of a sudden "know" so much about such matters when the hard feelings reach the point of no return? :confused:

I saw bigfoot last night also.

 

As I have posted previously - if recuiting is so rampant and bad then produce a single former student and/or their parents that will go on the record and say they were paid or their tuition was paid for just so they could play sports at a private school.

 

Until that day, this is just another bigfoot sighting that is being trumped up to rationalize "a level the playing field".

Why would they tell on a school that is giving them a $30,000+ education for free.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.