February 18, 200620 yr Dr Rob Mullin, President of Trinity, presented his analysis of the public/private split in the winter edition of the Trinity Leader http://www.thsrock.net/leader/leader2005winter.pdf (See Presidents Message on pg 3) I hope everyone will take the time to read it. I think that it puts to rest many of the unfounded charges you hear about. I also suggest that anyone that wonders why we are willing to pay so much to send our kids to a school like Trinity take the time to read the whole issue.
February 19, 200620 yr Good read. The reference made to Trinity football and where most of their starters came from doesn't neccessarily indicate the problems associated with the public/private debate. The reality of the debate rests with most of the other KHSAA sanctioned sports and very little to do with football IMO.
February 21, 200620 yr Not sure if I buy this newsletter primarily because he is talking about the last season game and I know that a lot of teams don't put the best players in their last season's game. Tell me where the starters in the playoff games or the championship game were from cause I really don't know, , were they these same guys?
February 21, 200620 yr Not sure if I buy this newsletter primarily because he is talking about the last season game and I know that a lot of teams don't put the best players in their last season's game. Tell me where the starters in the playoff games or the championship game were from cause I really don't know, , were they these same guys? Yes, they were, with the exception of some of kids who were injured and not able to start.
February 21, 200620 yr Not sure if I buy this newsletter primarily because he is talking about the last season game and I know that a lot of teams don't put the best players in their last season's game. Tell me where the starters in the playoff games or the championship game were from cause I really don't know, , were they these same guys?[/quote What kind of question is that ? Did Mayfield hold out their best players from their last game of the season ?
February 21, 200620 yr Author Not sure if I buy this newsletter primarily because he is talking about the last season game and I know that a lot of teams don't put the best players in their last season's game. Tell me where the starters in the playoff games or the championship game were from cause I really don't know, , were they these same guys? My guess is that he used that game because it was about the time he was writing the article. Or MAYBE, he sent a message to the football coaches to change the starters for one game so he could write an article. Yeah, that's what happened. And the message was delivered in a black heliocopter, in a secret code developed by daVinci. Sheesh!! Know the truth and the truth will set you free.
February 21, 200620 yr Tell me where the starters in the playoff games or the championship game were from cause I really don't know, , were they these same guys? HUH :confused: Do you follow 4A football?
February 21, 200620 yr Geez guys, ask a simple question and get attacked by all the private supporters, thanks a bunch. Yes, Mayfield does hold out players in our last games because we usually have an easy time with those opponents and there is no point risking injury, have you ever heard of that? No, I do not follow 4A football, except for Graves County every now and then. I was just trying to find out if the guys that played in that game were the same ones that played in the playoff or championship game and rockmom answered that perfectly, geez, lighten up.
February 21, 200620 yr Geez guys, ask a simple question and get attacked by all the private supporters, thanks a bunch. Yes, Mayfield does hold out players in our last games because we usually have an easy time with those opponents and there is no point risking injury, have you ever heard of that? No, I do not follow 4A football, except for Graves County every now and then. I was just trying to find out if the guys that played in that game were the same ones that played in the playoff or championship game and rockmom answered that perfectly, geez, lighten up. Trinity's team wasn't the kind, this year, that had a plethora of "stars", so to speak. The starters were used every game, because no game was considered to be one that we wouldn't need our best talent on the field at all times. FWIW, for the first time that I can remember, we had players going both ways....unusual for Trinity, given the usual depth we've historically enjoyed.
February 21, 200620 yr Author Geez guys, ask a simple question and get attacked by all the private supporters, thanks a bunch. Yes, Mayfield does hold out players in our last games because we usually have an easy time with those opponents and there is no point risking injury, have you ever heard of that? No, I do not follow 4A football, except for Graves County every now and then. I was just trying to find out if the guys that played in that game were the same ones that played in the playoff or championship game and rockmom answered that perfectly, geez, lighten up. You were attacked because the very strong implication of what you said was that Dr Mullin cooked the article he wrote to create a misleading impression. Where I come from, if he had done that it would have been lying. Dr Mullin is a good man. He is a VERY strong supporter of following not just the letter of the rules, but also the spirit. If everyone had the same attitude toward high school sports as Dr Mullin, we wouldn't be having these discussions. I have talked to him and I have heard him speak. He has made it very clear that Trinity will follow the rules and he expects everyone that considers themself to be a Trinity fan to do the same. Imply that this good man would intentionally try to mislead in his article and I'll come after you every time and I won't lighten up.
February 21, 200620 yr You were attacked because the very strong implication of what you said was that Dr Mullin cooked the article he wrote to create a misleading impression. Where I come from, if he had done that it would have been lying. Dr Mullin is a good man. He is a VERY strong supporter of following not just the letter of the rules, but also the spirit. If everyone had the same attitude toward high school sports as Dr Mullin, we wouldn't be having these discussions. I have talked to him and I have heard him speak. He has made it very clear that Trinity will follow the rules and he expects everyone that considers themself to be a Trinity fan to do the same. Imply that this good man would intentionally try to mislead in his article and I'll come after you every time and I won't lighten up. Thats real nice that he is a great man, I don't know him or anybody at Trinity HS, that is why I was asking. That is a newsletter that I assume goes out to Trinity people only, so it can have anything in it. You guys read into my stuff to closely, I noticed that he picked one game and called it out, you guys act like I murdered someone. Come on, give a guy a break. I am sorry if I subliminally offended somebody, lol.
February 21, 200620 yr Geez guys, ask a simple question and get attacked by all the private supporters, thanks a bunch. Yes, Mayfield does hold out players in our last games because we usually have an easy time with those opponents and there is no point risking injury, have you ever heard of that? No, I do not follow 4A football, except for Graves County every now and then. I was just trying to find out if the guys that played in that game were the same ones that played in the playoff or championship game and rockmom answered that perfectly, geez, lighten up. My apologies....I misunderstood what you meant :thumb:
February 21, 200620 yr I was just trying to find out if the guys that played in that game were the same ones that played in the playoff or championship game and rockmom answered that perfectly, geez, lighten up. If you wanted that information you should have asked instead of starting your post like this: Not sure if I buy this newsletter That implies that you think someone is being less then honest. Don't try to play the injured party when you in fact lobbed a veiled accusation in your first post in this thread.
February 22, 200620 yr If you wanted that information you should have asked instead of starting your post like this: That implies that you think someone is being less then honest. Don't try to play the injured party when you in fact lobbed a veiled accusation in your first post in this thread. I too, felt you were suggesting that Dr. Mullin was lying.
February 22, 200620 yr A little off subject but I have a good little story for you guys. Good Ole Dr. Mullin. I was at a St. Gabriel game a few years ago to watch my nephew play. I had my Fern Creek jacket on and was standing in the endzone at GA when some guy with a mustache came up to me and told me I could not be there watching a CSAA game with that jacket on. I told him that my nephew was playing and I had just came form a coaches meeting at Fern Creek is why I has the jacket on. He preseded to scream at me and tried to get the field manager to throw me out. The field manager laughed at me and I almost came to blows with this guy screaming at me.(Just ask Rockmom of my temper)It took everything I had not to lay him out the way he talked to me. A few weeks later when we played Trinity and had their program I saw the guys picture that yelled at me as the president of Trinity. I laughed and just thought I would tell you guys the only time I have met Dr. Mullins. HE is definitely passionate about his beliefs no doubt. I kind of admire that about him.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.