Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches Poll (Week 4)

Featured Replies

NewCath boys (7-3) & girls (10-0) remain at the top.

 

1. Newport Catholic (8) 107

2. Holmes (3) 93

3. Covington Catholic 86

4. Dixie Heights 65

5. Brossart 51

6. Simon Kenton 49

7. Campbell County 47

8. Boone County 35

9. Cooper 29

10. Ryle 17

 

Others: Conner 16, St. Henry 9, Ludlow 1

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the second straight week, one coach left Holmes entirely off his ballot. Holmes got three first-place votes, which leaves a remainder of 63 points. Seven times nine equals 63 points. NewCath got eight first-place votes (80 points) and three second-place votes (27 points). The fact that there's a 14-point gap between the first- and second-place teams reinforces the fact that one coach left Holmes entirely off his ballot. The point difference should be less than double digits.

 

Be interesting to see which coach left Holmes off his ballot two consecutive weeks ... and why.

 

Heck, if I were voting, I'd put CovCath No. 1 ... considering the five losses racked up by NCC and Holmes within the past week.

I think these are pretty solid rankings.

I agree something is amiss with the Holmes point total.

 

Heck, if I were voting, I'd put CovCath No. 1 ... considering the five losses racked up by NCC and Holmes within the past week.

 

Surely you jest.

For the second straight week, one coach left Holmes entirely off his ballot. Holmes got three first-place votes, which leaves a remainder of 63 points. Seven times nine equals 63 points. NewCath got eight first-place votes (80 points) and three second-place votes (27 points). The fact that there's a 14-point gap between the first- and second-place teams reinforces the fact that one coach left Holmes entirely off his ballot. The point difference should be less than double digits.

 

Be interesting to see which coach left Holmes off his ballot two consecutive weeks ... and why.

 

Heck, if I were voting, I'd put CovCath No. 1 ... considering the five losses racked up by NCC and Holmes within the past week.

 

My educated guess would be that Holmes' coaches are the ones who don't vote for themselves in the top 10.

 

No inside info...but a guess that would make sense, IMO.

My educated guess would be that Holmes' coaches are the ones who don't vote for themselves in the top 10.

 

No inside info...but a guess that would make sense, IMO.

What you describe might well be the case. Or another coach with an ax to grind is leaving the Bulldogs off his ballot. Those are the only two plausible explanations, in my opinion, since same has occurred two weeks in a row. Either way, it's a blatant omission and only serves to discredit the poll. Coaches should vote honestly, not use the poll to make a "statement."

Surely you jest.

Like last year, I think there's less separation among the top three teams in the 9th than some would have us believe.

Like last year, I think there's less separation among the top three teams in the 9th than some would have us believe.

 

That could be but you don't use "they're undefeated" as a basis when CCH hasn't played nearly the schedule that NCC nor Holmes has played.

  • Author
For the second straight week, one coach left Holmes entirely off his ballot. Holmes got three first-place votes, which leaves a remainder of 63 points. Seven times nine equals 63 points. NewCath got eight first-place votes (80 points) and three second-place votes (27 points). The fact that there's a 14-point gap between the first- and second-place teams reinforces the fact that one coach left Holmes entirely off his ballot. The point difference should be less than double digits.

 

Be interesting to see which coach left Holmes off his ballot two consecutive weeks ... and why.

 

Heck, if I were voting, I'd put CovCath No. 1 ... considering the five losses racked up by NCC and Holmes within the past week.

 

Sorry, but I find this logic laughable.

Sorry, but I find this logic laughable.

 

Agreed unless he thinks CCH wins against both teams.

What you describe might well be the case. Or another coach with an ax to grind is leaving the Bulldogs off his ballot. Those are the only two plausible explanations, in my opinion, since same has occurred two weeks in a row. Either way, it's a blatant omission and only serves to discredit the poll. Coaches should vote honestly, not use the poll to make a "statement."

 

I can almost guarantee no coach has an ax to grind and it is simply Holmes coaches not voting for themselves in the poll. Not a big deal. Polls are fun for discussion but mean nothing when it comes to actually playing the games.

Like last year, I think there's less separation among the top three teams in the 9th than some would have us believe.

 

 

Just 3?

Nice to see Ludlow listed, even if just the single vote.

They have hung in there with some teams and are not easy to defeat.

Agreed unless he thinks CCH wins against both teams.

You mean like what happened last year? We'll get a better handle on the 9th when CovCath squares off against Holmes on Jan. 7 and NewCath three days later. I also will say this: NewCath's recent losses are more problematic than Holmes' losses in N.Y. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Holmes playing with a shot clock in N.Y.? That greatly impacts Holmes' late-game strategy.

Just 3?

 

Yes, just 3. 66-35.

 

Dixie may have ascended back to 4th, and Walter will have predicted that from jump and may ultimately be correct, but there is a discernible gap between the top 3 and Dixie.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.