Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville @ Kentucky......Dec. 28th

Battle of the Bluegrass - Who ya Got " 30 members have voted

  1. 1. Battle of the Bluegrass - Who ya Got "

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Unfortunately, I don't think Getslow is sandbagging--well, he is, but only a little. There's a reason he said something the other day about worrying about a career day for WCS. UK's size is a serious challenge, and if the ball bounces their way on rebounding they can turn that advantage into a big win.

 

It's true that both teams can exploit the other's weaknesses, but I have always felt that an advantage in interior play, especially at home, is a more consistent advantage.

 

That said, Louisville really does have the upper-hand in the backcourt, and UK's size advantage there is very heavily handicapped by Calipari's refusal to play zone. I can see the game swinging on the play of Blackshear and Hancock. If they can defend the three position and make plays on offense shooting and finding cutters, Louisville has a decent shot.

 

This has been said all over the place, but I completely agree with it: I don't think I've ever gone into this game less sure of what to expect.

While the size if of concern for UL, the Card's interior strength easily offsets that. WCS can have career days against non-physical teams... UL is not that. The back court is easily an advantage for UL. Hancock has too much moxy and skill on the wing. The only hope for UK is to big time dominate on the glass and hope UL is not knocking down perimeter shots. If this were at the Yum Center it would be an easy victory for UL.
  • Replies 82
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex Chapman @rexchapman

We are the underdog. Big time or not. It's not impossible for us to beat UofL on Sat, but it's gonna be very tough.

Judging by the voting, are Randy Parker & Getslow sandbagging us?

 

Even more than usual this week, I foresee all of you being caught in the middle of Randy and I throwing stones at each other.

 

:lol2:

 

Well, I'll be throwing stones. Whether Randy chooses to engage is entirely up to him...

Rex favors UL by 8 & says in another tweet that "Ville's prospects r more NBA-ready than ours - across the board."

Unfortunately, I don't think Getslow is sandbagging--well, he is, but only a little. There's a reason he said something the other day about worrying about a career day for WCS. UK's size is a serious challenge, and if the ball bounces their way on rebounding they can turn that advantage into a big win.

 

It's true that both teams can exploit the other's weaknesses, but I have always felt that an advantage in interior play, especially at home, is a more consistent advantage.

 

That said, Louisville really does have the upper-hand in the backcourt, and UK's size advantage there is very heavily handicapped by Calipari's refusal to play zone. I can see the game swinging on the play of Blackshear and Hancock. If they can defend the three position and make plays on offense shooting and finding cutters, Louisville has a decent shot.

 

This has been said all over the place, but I completely agree with it: I don't think I've ever gone into this game less sure of what to expect.

 

There's always some middling UK player who turns his whole season around starting with the game against Louisville. Harrelson is the one that jumps to mind first.

 

I'm going 2-to-1 that some guy who's never made a three in his collegiate career nabs one against Louisville.

 

The North Carolina game gave me serious concerns about Louisville's frontcourt. I was concerned again when George Fant scored at will in the game against Western. Everyone was right, I sandbagged (that was mostly for Randy), but it's genuine concern for just how good Louisville is at center.

 

And I'm very concerned that Blackshear and Hanock simply won't get into a rhythm because they can never seem to stop fouling when they play good opponents. Heck, they foul constantly against poor opponents.

Whether Randy chooses to engage is entirely up to him...

 

:sneaky:

There's always some middling UK player who turns his whole season around starting with the game against Louisville. Harrelson is the one that jumps to mind first.

 

I blame that one on Rick. Maybe the worst coaching job in the history of organized basketball. I would have dropped 16 on UL that day the way he was being defended. Not to mention that was during the Siva era. Siva was the MVP of the game, for UK, the first 3 times they played one another.
I blame that one on Rick. Maybe the worst coaching job in the history of organized basketball. I would have dropped 16 on UL that day the way he was being defended. Not to mention that was during the Siva era. Siva was the MVP of the game, for UK, the first 3 times they played one another.

 

It was pretty rotten. Someone remind me, was the Harrelson game also the one where Rakeem Buckles went out hurt only two days before?

I blame that one on Rick. Maybe the worst coaching job in the history of organized basketball. I would have dropped 16 on UL that day the way he was being defended. Not to mention that was during the Siva era. Siva was the MVP of the game, for UK, the first 3 times they played one another.

 

Agree on Rick getting the blame for that one. He stuck with those stupid double teams the whole game & Jorts hit wide open shots underneath the basket the entire game.

UK will block every UL shot and win 72-0!

Frontcourt: Big advantage for UK

Backcourt: Big advantage for UL

 

Louisville doesn't have to win the rebound battle to win the game, they win all the time while being out-rebounded. The post play will be the difference though, IMO. Louisville's guards are better, both with the starters and with the players coming off the bench. Jones and Smith and probably even Rozier will get in the lane as much as they want, and then either kick out or finish. Cards will have to knock down some jumpers, Blackshear and Hancock making shots will be key.

 

Randle is going to get his double double, there is no stopping that. WCS could have a big game, but I'm not nearly as worried about him. UK will have to have somebody else besides Randle step up offensively, because Louisville has more offensive weapons than the Cats right now. I'm planning on foul trouble from one or more of UL's front court players early, and if that happens, that is no good for the Cards.

 

I think Louisville should/will win, but I don't have a score prediction. I could see run and gun or a grind it out game between these two. Run and gun would better suit both teams I think, as both struggle in the half court.

Take out the Belmont game, has anyone seen Randle play lately? He is easily defended and poor on defense. I am not seeing the interior as some kind of huge advantage for UK that many are thinking it will be. Now maybe it should be, but I am not believing it until I see it. The Harrison's will not be able to defend UL's guards, but UK's guards have proven that they can get in to the lane with the best of them.

Russ is going to give our guards fits and probably keep them in foul trouble. Will be a big key in this game.

Russ is going to give our guards fits and probably keep them in foul trouble. Will be a big key in this game.

 

You can only hope for a weird Russ game. 6-45 from the field for 24 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists, and 8 turnovers (all unforced). :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.