Boone Co. 75 Holmes 74 (2OT)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a game!! i was there and Boone was only down 6 at halftime but Holmes took a 14 point lead and thats when i thought Boone was done but Sophomore Cory Farris took over in the final minutes of the fourth. He hit the tieing basket at the buzzer to force ot and in the 2nd he made a tough lay up with just seconds left. In the 2nd ot Junior Chris Bray had 2 free throws with 11 seconds left and it was tied up 74-74, he missed the first but made the second and Holmes couldn't score as time ran out!!!

75-74 !

Check that, I said earlier this week that the biggest upset in the 9th this year was Newport over Brossart. This is the biggest upset with or without Greg Rice. (who i hear has enrolled at a new school this week)

WOW!! RYLE beat boone by 22 last week. That was surprising to me. Boone over Holmes even more surpised.

Check that, I said earlier this week that the biggest upset in the 9th this year was Newport over Brossart. This is the biggest upset with or without Greg Rice. (who i hear has enrolled at a new school this week)

WOW!! RYLE beat boone by 22 last week. That was surprising to me. Boone over Holmes even more surpised.

Speaking of enrolling at a new school, does this now open up discussion of where Rice might take his GAME next season? I was kind of hoping to see him stay with the Dawgs and take it to the state. Last year he was the MAN in the Bulldog's close call to Warren Central. It's was pretty exciting to see this Sophomore turn some heads and I was looking forward to his repeat and becoming a household name. The remaining players have all mostly improved and they've developed a deeper bench. This Bulldog team still has a chance to WOO the folks at Rupp. It's obviously not going to be the cakewalk to get out of the 9th that it once appeared to be and the way I had it all played out in my head is not going to happen with Rice gone. Edmonson just needs to flat out start hitting. 5 or 6 of his 3's a game and I think the Dawgs would be back. Hill totally has his game together and Henderson has room to step up big time. This is also Jefferson's chance to take a leap in maturity when it's needed NOW.

In an imaginary world where do you see Rice playing next year, if at all? Since we don't know yet where's he's going let's imagine if the rules allowed him to 'suit up' immediately elsewhere. How would that effect the 9th Region Tourney if he were able to start with another team during districts etc....? Freaky if he'd go back to Holy Cross. Even freakier would be him blending in real quick at Ludlow and the Panthers take the Region by storm and shock the heck out of the state at the Sweet 16. But that's just in my imaginary world. Where's he gonna play in your imaginary world?

Speaking of enrolling at a new school, does this now open up discussion of where Rice might take his GAME next season? I was kind of hoping to see him stay with the Dawgs and take it to the state. Last year he was the MAN in the Bulldog's close call to Warren Central. It's was pretty exciting to see this Sophomore turn some heads and I was looking forward to his repeat and becoming a household name. The remaining players have all mostly improved and they've developed a deeper bench. This Bulldog team still has a chance to WOO the folks at Rupp. It's obviously not going to be the cakewalk to get out of the 9th that it once appeared to be and the way I had it all played out in my head is not going to happen with Rice gone. Edmonson just needs to flat out start hitting. 5 or 6 of his 3's a game and I think the Dawgs would be back. Hill totally has his game together and Henderson has room to step up big time. This is also Jefferson's chance to take a leap in maturity when it's needed NOW.

In an imaginary world where do you see Rice playing next year, if at all? Since we don't know yet where's he's going let's imagine if the rules allowed him to 'suit up' immediately elsewhere. How would that effect the 9th Region Tourney if he were able to start with another team during districts etc....? Freaky if he'd go back to Holy Cross. Even freakier would be him blending in real quick at Ludlow and the Panthers take the Region by storm and shock the heck out of the state at the Sweet 16. But that's just in my imaginary world. Where's he gonna play in your imaginary world?

I doubt Rice will be suiting up for any 9th region team. Heard that he is possibly looking into going to school in Ohio.

I doubt Rice will be suiting up for any 9th region team. Heard that he is possibly looking into going to school in Ohio.

He'd look good at wide reciever for the Bluebirds !!! You know how those Covington "recruits" seem to end up in Ft. T !! :banana: Or is he trying to get a ring with the OJ Mayo show ???? :dancingpa

He'd look good at wide reciever for the Bluebirds !!! You know how those Covington "recruits" seem to end up in Ft. T !! :banana: Or is he trying to get a ring with the OJ Mayo show ???? :dancingpa

Unless he moves, which I highly doubt he will, he cannot play for any other team in the 9th region.

Hill had 37.

You were there at the Highlands game, you saw this kid... he is nails. I like Hill a lot, he has topped 30pts like 3 times in the last 4 games. He is just athletic, plays with a lot of tenacity and will probably develop into the premier player next year. It would be nice if he were 6'4 or 6'5 though.