Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The hit on Huber

Featured Replies

What a joke I could pay that.

 

You can pay $25k?? I need some money!!

 

What's the guy who made the hit make per year? $25k could be a lot to him.

 

I wouldn't expect it to be more than that. Does the nfl typically fine first timers (unsure if he's done this before) more than $25k?

  • Replies 129
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can pay $25k?? I need some money!! What's the guy who made the hit make per year? $25k could be a lot to him. I wouldn't expect it to be more than that. Does the nfl typically fine first timers (unsure if he's done this before) more than $25k?

 

Trading stocks during record high times has been a nice ride. 25k to the Steeler guy is about $250 to him, not really justified.

If a punter/kicker is trying to make a tackle, they should be able to be blasted just like every other player on the field... If he was just jogging along minding his business nowhere near the play, I agree it would be dirty... He wasn't, he was within closing distance of the returner, attempting to make the tackle and he got blocked. I have zero problem with the play of blocking him, he was trying to make the tackle.

 

So you are agreeing you are arguing that you don't like the rule?

No for intentionally trying to hurt someone's knees.

 

It was a bad hit but you don't know his intentions. And regardless of his intentions, the opposite teams punter had nothing to do with the play so why are you going to hurt him?

 

Because a Bengals player said they were bragging about getting the punter after.

This is a sound rule in the NFL. Eliminating a team's kicker or punter (especially in the first quarter as this was) can be game/season altering. There was a point in college and the NFL years ago that there was a player on KO and P return teams assigned to do nothing but attack the K or P after the kick. It was brutal.

 

Again, this should have been a penalty if any player was blocked the same way; yet another inexcusable

omission by Ed Hochuli.

So you are agreeing you are arguing that you don't like the rule?

 

I'm agreeing that by definition, the hit was illegal. I have all along. Still don't think it was a dirty play. And I don't like the fact that punters and kickers are deemed defenseless when they can make plays on the ball carrier.

I'm agreeing that by definition, the hit was illegal. I have all along. Still don't think it was a dirty play. And I don't like the fact that punters and kickers are deemed defenseless when they can make plays on the ball carrier.

 

Being deemed defenseless though doesn't mean you can't be blocked. If he would have lit him up in his chest/waist not only would the league have not fined him they wouldn't have said the refs missed the obvious penalty. It's dirty b/c of the rule and b/c he clearly attacked the punter high.

It's dirty b/c of the rule and b/c he clearly attacked the punter high.

 

This is my point... Why does it matter that it's the punter? He was trying to make a play on the ball... Position should be irrelevant, IMO.

This is my point... Why does it matter that it's the punter? He was trying to make a play on the ball... Position should be irrelevant, IMO.

 

I'm not saying the rule is a good one. It is the rule though.

I'm not saying the rule is a good one. It is the rule though.

 

And I haven't argued that it wasn't a violation of the rules. Just that it's silly to me, that's all.

After seeing several penalties called this season for hits above the shoulders and for leading with the head, this should have been a penalty regardless of who was hit. He led with head and broke the mans jaw, whether it was Huber or anyone else. By today's standards it was a dirty play and should have been penalized and the TD called back. It also had a huge baring on the outcome of the game.

Trading stocks during record high times has been a nice ride. 25k to the Steeler guy is about $250 to him, not really justified.

 

He makes 405,000 per year, they said it's basically a game check so it's a pretty good hit. It will also probably be lowered on appeal for a first offense.

  • Author

We have officially made the target the belly button. Can't go high, can't go low.

  • Author

...as a matter of fact, i think an outstanding policy for the league would be to sew little bullseyes on the navel of every jersey for players to aim.

We have officially made the target the belly button. Can't go high, can't go low.

 

You bring up a good point...I wonder if the league could draw up some sort of waiver agreement that players had to sign, basically releasing the league from any liability that could be caused long-term by hits to head? It seems most players have said, they'd rather get hit high, than have their knees taken out.

 

They do that, the league could allow the high hits of old, and make the low ACL shots the penalty...:idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.