Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The hit on Huber

Featured Replies

Cincinnati Bengals punter Kevin Huber demolished on a blindside hit - YouTube

 

While this was a brutal hit.

 

Looks to me like:

 

1. The punter was in position to make a play, so that makes him fair game.

 

2. Looks like the guy lowered his shoulder, had his arms in front of him and aimed for Huber's chest. He didn't appear to be aiming for his head.

 

3. The result of the play was terrible and he should and will be fined, but to me it looks like he was attempting to make a good hard football play. A quarter of an inch lower and he doesn't hit Huber's chin.

 

What it looks like is launching the crown of the helmet into Huber's face...

  • Replies 129
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Huber had a bad day.

I'm not shocked.

 

If the punter is defenseless, he shouldn't be allowed to make a tackle either going low on a runner. I'm with woodsrider on that one.

 

You don't have to like the rule, but it is the rule.

What it looks like is launching the crown of the helmet into Huber's face...

 

If you go to the link in the OP and look at the replay loop of the hit he didn't launch and he didn't hit his face with the crown of his helmet.

If a receiver is considered defenseless the entire play then yes. The punter is defined as defenseless for the kick and during the return. If that's the case then he should kick the ball and exit the field. And my comments have nothing to do with the hit on Huber. It was dirty and he will be fined as he should be. But your comments about going after the knee of the Steelers punter is about as classless as it gets.

 

 

Totally agree that it would have been classless to go after the opposing punter. I still would have b/c the hit was classless on the Steelers part. They have hit the Bengals players dirty for years. At some point hit them back even dirtier so they know you aren't just going to take it.

If you go to the link in the OP and look at the replay loop of the hit he didn't launch and he didn't hit his face with the crown of his helmet.

 

He for sure hit his face with his helmet.

 

Anyone that says that guy didn't know it was the punter is wrong too. They know what's going on. They know the last little white guy back with the last shot at a tackle is the punter.

Totally agree that it would have been classless to go after the opposing punter. I still would have b/c the hit was classless on the Steelers part. They have hit the Bengals players dirty for years. At some point hit them back even dirtier so they know you aren't just going to take it.

IF you believe his intent was to injury your guy then go after him. You don't jeopardize another players career.

He for sure hit his face with his helmet.

 

Anyone that says that guy didn't know it was the punter is wrong too. They know what's going on. They know the last little white guy back with the last shot at a tackle is the punter.

Didn't say he didn't hit his face, I said he didn't launch with the crown of his helmet. And I agree on knowing he was the punter.

  • Author
You don't have to like the rule, but it is the rule.

 

It's not the rule I have a problem with.

Didn't say he didn't hit his face, I said he didn't launch with the crown of his helmet. And I agree on knowing he was the punter.

 

Planted his feet and sent his helmet upwards towards Huber's face. Targeting to a tee...

My guess is $50k fine.

 

I should hope that it's more. Mike Tomlin was nabbed with $100k for something not nearly as severe. This hit could've killed the guy. The Steelers are thugs. I still think that Carson Palmer's leg had an additional twist applied to it just for good measure in his take down. I don't trust them and I think that part of their game plan is to take out players for good. Is it obvious that I have little respect for Pittsburg? :irked:

So should a defenseless receiver not be allowed on the field? Should QB's not get protection? The rule is you can't head hunt the punter. They know the rule. It was a cheap dirty play and if I played for the Bengals I would have tried to injure the Steelers punter with a dirty hit to the knee.

 

No place in sports for that.

No place in sports for that.

 

For the hit on Huber? Agreed.

It's not the rule I have a problem with.

 

So it was the dirty illegal hit you had a problem with?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.