Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The hit on Huber

Featured Replies

Not only illegal but really stupid. If the flag was thrown as it should have been then it would have cost the Steelers a TD and good field position. He could have easily blocked the punter legally. Of course Ed's crew was clueless again.

 

Wouldn't it be great is the NFL ruled the LB is suspended until Huber is able to play again?

  • Replies 129
  • Views 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
So it was the dirty illegal hit you had a problem with?

Nope just your retort about targeting the opposing punters knee. That's all.

  • Author
I should hope that it's more. Mike Tomlin was nabbed with $100k for something not nearly as severe. This hit could've killed the guy. The Steelers are thugs. I still think that Carson Palmer's leg had an additional twist applied to it just for good measure in his take down. I don't trust them and I think that part of their game plan is to take out players for good. Is it obvious that I have little respect for Pittsburg? :irked:

You know what, minus the hit on the punter, the Steelers beat up the Bengals. But like always when that happens, the steelers are thugs.

Nope just your retort about targeting the opposing punters knee. That's all.

 

Look I'm not saying its right or it would have been a good move. I'm saying if I played for them and I knew of the Carson Palmer hit, the Rivers block and this thug hit where a guy tried to kill a player the NFL deems defenseless then they bragged about we got your punter I would retaliate. Not at all saying they should have or it would have been right though.

Nope just your retort about targeting the opposing punters knee. That's all.

 

Just like I thought some Steelers fans are cool with the illegal dirty hit.

 

Look I'm not saying its right or it would have been a good move. I'm saying if I played for them and I knew of the Carson Palmer hit, the Rivers block and this thug hit where a guy tried to kill a player the NFL deems defenseless then they bragged about we got your punter I would retaliate. Not at all saying they should have or it would have been right though.

You know what, minus the hit on the punter, the Steelers beat up the Bengals. But like always when that happens, the steelers are thugs.

 

Couldn't disagree more. The Bengals gave up two bad plays on Special Teams. The Bengals played better than them or at least straight up other than that. Sure the Steelers played hard and played well but other than the cheap shot I don't think they were any tougher.

No surprise that there wasn't a flag on the play. Mike Tomlin could've run onto the field and hit Huber like that and there wouldn't be a flag. The officiating bias in favor of some NFL teams is ridiculous. I would like to hear Ed Hochuli defend his position on this "no call".

  • Author

So it's the officials fault. This thread has gotten back to the familiar way things used to be.

So it's the officials fault. This thread has gotten back to the familiar way things used to be.

 

Yes, it is the ref's fault that they missed that game changing, egregious and obvious call; per Mike Pereira.

Not only illegal but really stupid. If the flag was thrown as it should have been then it would have cost the Steelers a TD and good field position. He could have easily blocked the punter legally. Of course Ed's crew was clueless again.

 

Wouldn't it be great is the NFL ruled the LB is suspended until Huber is able to play again?

 

It was already 14-0 and if the penalty was called the steelers would have still been around the 40 yard line...

Its the NFL, if you dont want hit, dont play. I have seen the play and see nothing wrong with it.

 

It is no different than when Warren Sapp hit a defensless no way going to make a play Off lineman from Green Bay.

Hit On Chad Clifton Warren Sapp - Bing Videos

So now we are trying to protect the punter too? Give me a freakin' break... Dude was trying to make a play on the ball carrier and got destroyed. Yes the hit was a LITTLE high, yes he should be fined, and it's obviously unfortunate that he got injured how he did. But spare me this "he shouldn't have hit the punter like that" bull crap. If you want to run down the field trying to make a play, prepare to have your bell rung, or head to the sidelines after you kick the ball.

Its the NFL, if you dont want hit, dont play. I have seen the play and see nothing wrong with it.

 

It is no different than when Warren Sapp hit a defensless no way going to make a play Off lineman from Green Bay.

Hit On Chad Clifton Warren Sapp - Bing Videos

 

Oh snap, hold your Obama phone, Mountain Ref and I agree on something.

So now we are trying to protect the punter too? Give me a freakin' break... Dude was trying to make a play on the ball carrier and got destroyed. Yes the hit was a LITTLE high, yes he should be fined, and it's obviously unfortunate that he got injured how he did. But spare me this "he shouldn't have hit the punter like that" bull crap. If you want to run down the field trying to make a play, prepare to have your bell rung, or head to the sidelines after you kick the ball.

 

You may want to re- introduce yourself to the 2013 rule book. That is a penalty against any player on the field (to the head or neck region). Yes, he can and should be blocked legally like any other player on the field. Mike Pereira said the punter is considered defenseless the entire play. News flash, they're trying to "protect" all players. Vontaze Burfict got penalized for pushing a QB out of bounds vs. the Ravens, when he still had one foot in play. This has become a very discretionary and inconsistent interpretation by the refs.

You may want to re- introduce yourself to the 2013 rule book. That is a penalty against any player on the field (to the head or neck region). Yes, he can and should be blocked legally like any other player on the field. Mike Pereira said the punter is considered defenseless the entire play. News flash, they're trying to "protect" all players. Vontaze Burfict got penalized for pushing a QB out of bounds vs. the Ravens, when he still had one foot in play. This has become a very discretionary and inconsistent interpretation by the refs.

 

I'm familiar with the rule, thanks for your concern though... There were a few posts I read that implied he should have never been hit because he was the punter. That is what I was responding to.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.