Is the 9th Region wide open???

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so. After all the years of watching 9th Region Highschool Basketball, I really can't remember the Region being so wide open. Does anyone agree??? Your Thoughts!

There are around 7 teams with a legit shot to win region right now.

I would agree with you. Unfortunately I don't think I see much of a chance downstate.

I agree. I think Holmes was the only team to have a chance to make waves downstate, but now that they've pushed the self-destruct button, it'll be interesting to see if someone in the Bulldogs locker room knows how to put the team back together. Otherwise, the 9th is up for grabs.

I agree. I think Holmes was the only team to have a chance to make waves downstate, but now that they've pushed the self-destruct button, it'll be interesting to see if someone in the Bulldogs locker room knows how to put the team back together. Otherwise, the 9th is up for grabs.

They certainly still have the most talent in the 9th. If they can find someone to step it up on the floor they could still be the team to beat. Supposedly they got rid of the biggest problem in the locker room.

I would agree with you. Unfortunately I don't think I see much of a chance downstate.

Agreed. The 9th region champ whoever it is, will be a definite long shot to win one game in Lexington. I guess getting there is the main goal. It should be interesting to see if the favored teams get out of their districts. Yes the 9th is wide open.

There are some interesting matchups in the first round of districts that will keep a couple of capable teams out of the region. HC plays on their home floor vs. CovCath and it is a possible upset special and a game that is one of the better first round matchups around. NewCath and Newport will be a war, too with the natural rivalry and Newport already having beat the Breds once. Noone in their right mind would possibly count out Holmes but the road for them is a bit tougher now. Should be a great tourney and I'm glad we get to host it. I agree that it is unlikely that 9th will do well at state but you never know.

I think the 9th can make some noise downstate besides Holmes. True Holmes will be the most expected but here is CCH's downstate schedule:

Dunbar - Won by 11

Lafayette - Won by 14

Scott County - Lost by 6, had a 10 point lead

Lexington Catholic - Lost by 4, many lead changes throughout

Owensboro Catholic - Lost by about 15, I think it was about the same through the whole game

Cincinnati Elder (not KY, but #1 in Ohio for a long time) Lost but held a 1 point halftime lead

The last 2 of these games were without Tim Tierney

Highlands beat Bryan Station - A team that recently dismantled Scott County

Holmes also beat Ballard by 15, GRC by 6, and narrowly lost to Manual

These scores may not hold up down at Rupp, but I think that the 9th can play with a lot of teams in the state and can make some noise in March.

I think the 9th can make some noise downstate besides Holmes. True Holmes will be the most expected but here is CCH's downstate schedule:

Dunbar - Won by 11

Lafayette - Won by 14

Scott County - Lost by 6, had a 10 point lead

Lexington Catholic - Lost by 4, many lead changes throughout

Owensboro Catholic - Lost by about 15, I think it was about the same through the whole game

Cincinnati Elder (not KY, but #1 in Ohio for a long time) Lost but held a 1 point halftime lead

The last 2 of these games were without Tim Tierney

Highlands beat Bryan Station - A team that recently dismantled Scott County

Holmes also beat Ballard by 15, GRC by 6, and narrowly lost to Manual

These scores may not hold up down at Rupp, but I think that the 9th can play with a lot of teams in the state and can make some noise in March.

Holy Cross also defeated Lexington Catholic this year. Don't count the 9th out!

Holy Cross also defeated Lexington Catholic this year. Don't count the 9th out!

That is true I forgot about this one. But I question the validity of the win considering LC wasn't in full strength. But nonetheless, LexCath is a good team and props to HC for beating them. Another quality win for the 9th.