November 19, 201312 yr Very questionable call to end the game. A lot of people think they should have made the call. The official said because the ball was intercepted that negated the penalty. What???? That had to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
November 19, 201312 yr Author "Gronk can't compete for the ball. How do you pick that up and run off the field?" - Steve Young on controversial final call
November 19, 201312 yr "Gronk can't compete for the ball. How do you pick that up and run off the field?" - Steve Young on controversial final call I have no dog in the fight, but I agree with Young.
November 19, 201312 yr I can't believe they have the nerve to complain about the call after all the years of cheating with "spy-gate"...lol
November 19, 201312 yr If it isn't pass interference b/c it was uncatchable it was holding or illegal contact for sure.
November 19, 201312 yr Author If it isn't pass interference b/c it was uncatchable it was holding or illegal contact for sure. Only reason that it was uncatchable was because he was being held. Lol
November 19, 201312 yr Only reason that it was uncatchable was because he was being held. Lol It's possible it was uncatchable, it was under thrown pretty bad. Now on the other side it's hard to say it was uncatchable when the defender didn't give him a chance to try. I agree with the above that at minimum it was illegal contact. IMO, they made a bad call not calling anything. It's has to be holding or illegal contact.
November 19, 201312 yr Wouldn't have had much of an issue with the no call if it hadn't been for the critical 3rd down on the previous drive where they called McCourtey for holding when he simply stood in front of Olsen, arms out to his side, while Olsen ran into him. If that gets called, this one has to be called.
November 19, 201312 yr I don't understand what the Carolina defender was doing, but it worked in his favor for sure. I don't think Gronk would have caught it even if he wasn't getting bear hugged, but he still would have been able to make a play on it. Someone said on the radio this morning, Gronk certainly didn't sell it.
November 19, 201312 yr Actually once the ball is thrown defensive holding and illegal contact can't be called. So if the refs decided it was uncatchable the refs got the call correct.
November 19, 201312 yr What's the history with Patriots' #31 Talib and Panthers' #89 Smith? I'm not sure they like each other very much!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.