Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Panthers 24 Patriots 20

Featured Replies

Actually once the ball is thrown defensive holding and illegal contact can't be called. So if the refs decided it was uncatchable the refs got the call correct.

 

Except they can't say it's uncatchable if he's getting bear-hugged. They have no way of knowing if he could get to it or not. It was an awful call considering the call they had made on the 3rd down play just a minute or two before.

I don't understand what the Carolina defender was doing, but it worked in his favor for sure. I don't think Gronk would have caught it even if he wasn't getting bear hugged, but he still would have been able to make a play on it.

 

Someone said on the radio this morning, Gronk certainly didn't sell it.

 

Shouldn't have had to IMHO, but I guess that's why we see receivers crying on every play. Getting to be like soccer where guys go down like they've been shot by an elephant gun every time someone tickles them.

Except they can't say it's uncatchable if he's getting bear-hugged. They have no way of knowing if he could get to it or not. It was an awful call considering the call they had made on the 3rd down play just a minute or two before.

 

I agree with you. I was just pointing out that I was wrong earlier when I said they should have at least called holding or illegal contact. They couldn't call that.

I thought they were saying the ball was picked prior to contact but that's clearly not the case from the pic above.

Except they can't say it's uncatchable if he's getting bear-hugged. They have no way of knowing if he could get to it or not. It was an awful call considering the call they had made on the 3rd down play just a minute or two before.

They said it was uncatchable because it was way under-thrown. It being uncatchable made the bear hug a non issue. IMO based on letter of the rule they got it right but I don't like the rule. I also think if the bear-hug doesn't happen it still an interception. It was a bad throw by Brady.

They said it was uncatchable because it was way under-thrown. It being uncatchable made the bear hug a non issue. IMO based on letter of the rule they got it right but I don't like the rule. I also think if the bear-hug doesn't happen it still an interception. It was a bad throw by Brady.

 

You are correct. The rule clearly allows for contact that would normally be DPI to be legal if the ball is deemed uncatchable. The ball was clearly underthrown and Gronk had not even started to come back for the ball when it was picked.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.