Potential New Coaches??

Who are some assistant head coaches, junior varsity and freshman coaches that some feel would make good head coaches?? It could be either next season or a few seasons from now. Some of these coaches dont get the credit that they deserve!!

I think Kent Campbell @ PCC would make a really good coach.

Also Baker in Powell has really helped since he got there a few years ago. His defensive style really helped propel them to the regional title in 2003!!

Any others??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trusty at Morgan. He is probably ready for a shot somewhere.

I've heard his name come up several times. He seems like a good guy and a good coach. His name didnt come to mind when posting!! This might be the type that an Owsley or Wolfe might need to rebuild?? Young guy that teaches defense!!!

I've heard his name come up several times. He seems like a good guy and a good coach. His name didnt come to mind when posting!! This might be the type that an Owsley or Wolfe might need to rebuild?? Young guy that teaches defense!!!

Chris Trusty knows the game as good as anybody I know. It would be nice to see him get his chance somewhere.

But on a more selfish side Coach Perry, Coach Trusty, and Coach Gamble are the best thing to happen to Morgan County b-ball in a long time, so I'd hate to see him leave.

Chris Trusty knows the game as good as anybody I know. It would be nice to see him get his chance somewhere.

But on a more selfish side Coach Perry, Coach Trusty, and Coach Gamble are the best thing to happen to Morgan County b-ball in a long time, so I'd hate to see him leave.

Its has been rumored that Owsley, Breathitt, Knott and possibly Wolfe may be seeking a coach. I feel that Trusty would be a very good coach & someone each of these schools should contact. He may not go but it would be worth the chance.

Who are some assistant head coaches, junior varsity and freshman coaches that some feel would make good head coaches?? It could be either next season or a few seasons from now. Some of these coaches dont get the credit that they deserve!!

Also Baker in Powell has really helped since he got there a few years ago. His defensive style really helped propel them to the regional title in 2003!!

Any others??

I agree that Kent Campbell would make someone a good coach and also Cavanaugh Trent at PCC would...

Any others??

Man, that was funny! Baker's Breathitt team was robbed in that regional tournament, he wasn't coaching at Powell but rather against them. But maybe you meant his sorry defense at Breathitt helped propel Powell to the win? Sorry, just struck me as funny.

Man, that was funny! Baker's Breathitt team was robbed in that regional tournament, he wasn't coaching at Powell but rather against them. But maybe you meant his sorry defense at Breathitt helped propel Powell to the win? Sorry, just struck me as funny.

I meant that they have taken on a different persona after winning the title. That was a crazy game & i do feel that Breathitt was robbed. Who would have ever thought Baker would have ended up at Powell after that. He has made Powell a very solid defensive team. Not taking anything away from Coldiron but i see a lot of baker's influence in the Powell team in recent years.

Who have you heard from the Wolfe is getting a new coach. This is the first bad year they have had in over 8 years. I would like to know were some of you all get your information.

My information is VERY reliable!! If it wasnt wolfe county and a creech coaching there in, any other coach would have already been fired!!! This team has went through some turmoil that has brought several things out into the open & i've heard than many in Campton do not like it!! The coach has ties & i dont know how big the roots are but just keep it in the back of your mind!!

Breathitt County now has Tim Bobrowski working in their school system. He would be a great one to have at Breathitt County.

Wasn't health a problem with bobrowski at owsley?? I'm thinking someone said he was a diabetic but that may be wrong. If so, would this be something that he would be willing to do?? I agree, if he's healthy & willing he would make a great coach for any school!!

one of the most creative and knowledgable basketball minds that i've ever met is patrick kelsch at bracken (asst for girls')...i think he would make a quality head coach somewhere for boys' bball...he's the brother of augusta's head robin kelsch...couple of good guys i might add

also, sullivan at mason county...someone offer this guy a head coaching position somewhere...it's ludicrous that he's an assistant...this guy is a coach