Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic at Highlands Predictions

Who you got? 100 members have voted

  1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

"Reality is" Highlands has a system in place. From feeder programs, to the coaching staff, to community support, to their style of play, it's a system - a plan - that's sustainable and flexible depending on the available talent.

 

You either have to beat them at their own system our come up with a better one.

 

Implying that Cov Cath "doesn't" have a system or plan in place? I don't think you've been paying attention to what's been developing over at CCH the past few years.

  • Replies 186
  • Views 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're not in the HHS or CCH community how do you know if it's a rivalry or not?

 

I don't get this. I get that you don't know how important it is to those two communities, but I'm not a fan of OSU or Michigan. I see that as a rivalry. I don't see Notre Dame v Navy as one. They play every year, but so do the Globetrotters and Generals (and before anyone asks, I'm not equating H v CCH as the Globetrotters and Generals)

Implying that Cov Cath "doesn't" have a system or plan in place? I don't think you've been paying attention to what's been developing over at CCH the past few years.

 

CovCath has a VERY GOOD system in place. I know a few of the coaches of the middle school teams. They are very intelligent football minds and very good role models. The issue comes w/ how kids progress from Freshman year to Senior year. It is yet to be seen, and too early to judge, w/ Wirth b/c he hasn't had the chance to really get many classes to go through all four years yet. He may be very good at player development. Highlands coaches are excellent.

Implying that Cov Cath "doesn't" have a system or plan in place? I don't think you've been paying attention to what's been developing over at CCH the past few years.

I think maybe what was meant is that the CCH "feeder" program is pretty divided with Beechwood. Thhe feeder program is basically the Spartans where half the kids go to BW and half go to CCH (guestimating of course)

I think maybe what was meant is that the CCH "feeder" program is pretty divided with Beechwood. Thhe feeder program is basically the Spartans where half the kids go to BW and half go to CCH (guestimating of course)

 

 

The wide, wide majority of the current 9th and 10th graders played for the CovCath middle school team! Of the current varsity, I know of only a couple who played for the Spartans!

I don't get this. I get that you don't know how important it is to those two communities, but I'm not a fan of OSU or Michigan. I see that as a rivalry. I don't see Notre Dame v Navy as one. They play every year, but so do the Globetrotters and Generals (and before anyone asks, I'm not equating H v CCH as the Globetrotters and Generals)

 

My point was aimed at those who say it can't be a rivalry but they're not from the communities involved. Like you I know Ohio St/Mich is a big rivalry. However, if OSU hammers them for a bunch of years it would be silly for me to try to tell OSU/Michigan fans whether it's STILl a rivalry.

Implying that Cov Cath "doesn't" have a system or plan in place? I don't think you've been paying attention to what's been developing over at CCH the past few years.

 

Sorry, all I get are the scores.

My point was aimed at those who say it can't be a rivalry but they're not from the communities involved. Like you I know Ohio St/Mich is a big rivalry. However, if OSU hammers them for a bunch of years it would be silly for me to try to tell OSU/Michigan fans whether it's STILl a rivalry.

 

Fair point, it just depends on your connotation of the word, "rivalry". Is it emotion that makes a rivalry all by itself? Is it evenly matched teams by itself? Is it geographic proximity and classification? I think all three play a part. Any way you slice it, this has lost its luster with those outside of the communities. People will go b/c of the names associated, but nobody, again, outside of the communities, is going to to this wondering who is going to win. I, and I'm sure everyone else agrees, hope that all of the hard work that CovCath has put into their youth program pays off and CC takes it to another level to compete routinely w/ Highlands as used to be the case. I'd love to for these to be great games. It just is what it is right now.

CovCath has a VERY GOOD system in place. I know a few of the coaches of the middle school teams. They are very intelligent football minds and very good role models. The issue comes w/ how kids progress from Freshman year to Senior year. It is yet to be seen, and too early to judge, w/ Wirth b/c he hasn't had the chance to really get many classes to go through all four years yet. He may be very good at player development. Highlands coaches are excellent.

 

I understand your point and comments.

 

I would say the ability to develop has been proven by this years record. When you can count on one hand the number of Sr's who HAVEN'T been injured and see the younger players step in and perform without skipping a beat I say that's development.

I understand your point and comments.

 

I would say the ability to develop has been proven by this years record. When you can count on one hand the number of Sr's who HAVEN'T been injured and see the younger players step in and perform without skipping a beat I say that's development.

 

Great. That means that CovCath will be able to increase their depth and talent as the years go on. I look forward to seeing that.

If you're not in the HHS or CCH community how do you know if it's a rivalry or not?

 

Clyde;

 

I do not have an animal in this brawl as I live 200 miles from Northern KY. I've never seen HHS & CovCath play each other (I've seen each play in the State Championship game over the years). However, during this six year run by Highlands, in most years they have beaten the Colonels in the Region Championship to get there. In many of those years I would think that CovCath would have won the Trophy if Highlands had not been in 4A. Therefore (arguably) this game could be considered a "quasi" State Championship game. I think that would qualify as a "Rivalry."

 

Hope to meet some of you in Bowling Green as we lost in the first round of the TN playoffs.

Sure' date=' they can run the ball, but take away the pass and you have the making's of a MudBowl II minus the mud.[/quote']

 

I would have no problem with that and doubt if Harris, Hayes or the o-line would either.

I would have no problem with that and doubt if Harris' date=' Hayes or the o-line would either.[/quote']

 

Exactly my thought. CCH can go all out to stop one or the other, but they're not shutting down both.

Exactly my thought. CCH can go all out to stop one or the other, but they're not shutting down both.

 

Wind and rain could help the Colonels. Probably won't be an issue, but........you never know.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.