October 31, 201312 yr Per the SportsCenter Twitter account: 1. Kentucky 2. Michigan State 3. Louisville 4. Duke 5. Kansas 6. Arizona 7. Michigan 8. Oklahoma State 9. Syracuse 10. Florida
October 31, 201312 yr If UK doesn't win the title two season's ago this team isn't # 1 pre-season this season, IMO. Now that Cal has proved that it can be done his way more people buying in, that's the same reason last years team was so ridiculously high in the pre-season.
October 31, 201312 yr Champions Classic will feature #1 vs. #2, followed by #4 vs. #5. :eek: Need to get the Cards and those other Wildcats to fly up and make it an all day triple header!!!
October 31, 201312 yr I was very critical of whether the youth movement would ultimately win a title. But you take an insanely talented crop of freshman and one or two solid contributors that have been around for a year or two and it's a workable formula. He absolutely gets the benefit of the doubt now.
November 1, 201312 yr Lots of pressure on this group this year....I believe they can handle it....not like last years team.
November 1, 201312 yr Author Lots of pressure on this group this year....I believe they can handle it....not like last years team. While I realize the season hasn't started, this group seems to embrace the challenge.
November 1, 201312 yr How does this groups talent level match up to Cal's first UK team. Boogie, Wall and PPat pretty talented group, as most would agree that team too was loaded...but remember John Wall had to hit a last second shot in his first game to beat Miami (OH) and then got all they wanted in the next game from Sam Houston State winning 102-92. I honestly look for this team to have similar growing pains and could lose a game or have some games played much tighter than we expect. But that said this team could be as much fun as the Davis/MKG team...playing D and dunking on everyone!!! Man I can't wait!!!!
November 1, 201312 yr Lots of pressure on this group this year....I believe they can handle it....not like last years team. Would you guys say this is the most pressure ever on a team to win it all?
November 1, 201312 yr Can't wait for this season to start. This Duke team is gonna be A LOT of fun to watch. Very excited.
November 1, 201312 yr Author Would you guys say this is the most pressure ever on a team to win it all? I don't think so. Speaking just from the UK side of things, I think there was more pressure for both the 1995-96 & 2011-12 squads, simply because there had been a title drought in both instances.
November 1, 201312 yr Author Can't wait for this season to start. This Duke team is gonna be A LOT of fun to watch. Very excited. You have reason to be. A lot of talent returning & Jabari Parker is going to be a stud. I hate Duke, but I'm really looking forward to watching him in particular.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.