Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-Season AP Top 10

Featured Replies

  • Author
How does this groups talent level match up to Cal's first UK team. Boogie, Wall and PPat pretty talented group, as most would agree that team too was loaded...but remember John Wall had to hit a last second shot in his first game to beat Miami (OH) and then got all they wanted in the next game from Sam Houston State winning 102-92.

 

I honestly look for this team to have similar growing pains and could lose a game or have some games played much tighter than we expect.

 

But that said this team could be as much fun as the Davis/MKG team...playing D and dunking on everyone!!! Man I can't wait!!!!

 

I am still of the opinion that Cal's first UK team was his most talented from the top of the roster to the bottom. I think this team will surpass that one.

 

While I don't believe this year's team will dominate from day one, I also don't think they will have those close victories over inferior opponents, as Wall's team had with Miami, Stanford, & North Carolina.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have reason to be. A lot of talent returning & Jabari Parker is going to be a stud. I hate Duke, but I'm really looking forward to watching him in particular.

 

This will be weird to say but I am more interested to see what Rodney Hood can do more than Parker. That combo will be deadly and extremely tough for defenses.

I don't think so. Speaking just from the UK side of things, I think there was more pressure for both the 1995-96 & 2011-12 squads, simply because there had been a title drought in both instances.

 

Main reason I ask is because from a pure talent stand point this is one of the craziest teams assembled. Not much experience, unless you count Poythress or WCS, but on paper should blow every team out by 30.

  • Author
This will be weird to say but I am more interested to see what Rodney Hood can do more than Parker. That combo will be deadly and extremely tough for defenses.

 

I would say I might be more interested in seeing Hood, just because I want to see if he'll be as good as some say he'll be. I think he'll be good, but I'm not convinced he'll be great. I'm very confident that Parker will be great.

 

Will this be one of K's most athletic teams in a while?

Will this be one of K's most athletic teams in a while?

 

Will they still have a Plumlee patrolling under the basket? Louisville absolutely abused Mason's lack of reactive speed in that regional final.

  • Author
Main reason I ask is because from a pure talent stand point this is one of the craziest teams assembled. Not much experience, unless you count Poythress or WCS, but on paper should blow every team out by 30.

 

This team is the closest thing to 1996, in terms of top-to-bottom/deep talent, that UK has seen.

 

If this was last year, I would be ultra-confident in UK winning a title. While I still believe they ultimately cut down the nets, there are a bunch of really good basketball teams this year. The incoming freshman class has something to do with that, along with a lot of guys (Marcus Smart, Gary Harris & Adreian Payne, Patric Young, Russ Smith, Doug McDermott, McAdoo & Hairston, etc.) that decided to return.

  • Author
Will they still have a Plumlee patrolling under the basket? Louisville absolutely abused Mason's lack of reactive speed in that regional final.

 

Marshall. He's 7'0, but unproven.

 

Size could be a problem for Duke, depending on how Marshall Plumlee progresses. They have Amile Jefferson, but he's not a banger. The Murphy kid is a little bigger, but nothing to write home about.

 

Duke will be deep and athletic, but not very big sans Plumlee.

Will they still have a Plumlee patrolling under the basket? Louisville absolutely abused Mason's lack of reactive speed in that regional final.

 

Yes they have a Plumlee, but he is very..... raw.... Looks lost out there that time that we seen him last year. From everything I've seen Duke will run 3 forwards and just no center. My presumed lineup for Duke will be- Cook, Sulaimon, Hood, Parker, and probably Amile Jefferson.

  • Author
Yes they have a Plumlee, but he is very..... raw.... Looks lost out there that time that we seen him last year. From everything I've seen Duke will run 3 forwards and just no center. My presumed lineup for Duke will be- Cook, Sulaimon, Hood, Parker, and probably Amile Jefferson.

 

I think your starting five is spot-on.

 

I also forgot about Josh Hairston. He might help some down low.

Champions Classic will feature #1 vs. #2, followed by #4 vs. #5.

 

:eek:

 

11 days and counting....

Would you guys say this is the most pressure ever on a team to win it all?

 

Not IMO. I never saw a team with more pressure than the '78 Wildcats. Anything less than the title that year would have been a catastrophe in the eyes of the fans, the players, and the coach.

  • Author
Need to get the Cards and those other Wildcats to fly up and make it an all day triple header!!!

 

That would be awesome!

I think your starting five is spot-on.

 

I also forgot about Josh Hairston. He might help some down low.

 

Josh Hairston averages 3.39 fouls a minute while playing, he will see time but not sure how much. Semi Ojeleye will also see time I think later in the year.

  • Author
Not IMO. I never saw a team with more pressure than the '78 Wildcats. Anything less than the title that year would have been a catastrophe in the eyes of the fans, the players, and the coach.

 

Great call on the '78 team.

  • Author
Josh Hairston averages 3.39 fouls a minute while playing, he will see time but not sure how much. Semi Ojeleye will also see time I think later in the year.

 

Matt Jones will give them some scoring & guard depth.

 

Duke will be really good. They'll be great if Hood meets expectations.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.